PDA

View Full Version : Need help with rooted X

Banshee2raptor
03-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Im sure this has been coverd time & time again, but hear it goes.. I have a rooted droid X that was given to me by my uncle. He used Titanium backup to delete(not freeze like he should of) a few factory apps. I know he deleted Blockbuster, NFL, city ID, FM Radio & posibly a few more. My question is how do re install the factory apps & how do I put the Droid X back to factory specs? After I get it back to factory I plan on updating OTA & then try to re root the phone...
Thanks ...Chris..

stewie griffin
03-09-2012, 02:27 PM
The newest ota is 621, which can't be rooted as of now. If you still want to return the phone to stock, you can sbf. There are several ways to do so. Personally, I've not had a problem using rsdlite 4.8 and the stock froyo 340 rom, rooting with z4 root, then installing a prerooted gingerbread rom. 1KDS has a recovery image that do so as well. You can search through the droid x help guides for all the info You need, and the people here are willing to help answer any questions you have.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

stewie griffin
03-09-2012, 02:29 PM
And honestly, since the phone is already rooted, you'd do well to read up about different roms and tweaks you can do to speed your x up and make it perform much better than stock anyway!

savagerun
03-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Its actually pretty simple. Just sbf your phone using the 4.5.605 iso in this link and you'll be given the option to root after the sbf. There's a instructional video in the link also http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

Banshee2raptor
03-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Thanks guys, how about the deleted factory apps, will that cause a problem?

Sent from my DROIDX

stewie griffin
03-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Its actually pretty simple. Just sbf your phone using the 4.5.605 iso in this link and you'll be given the option to root after the sbf. There's a instructional video in the link also http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

Hey savage, that has the ability to root as well? I've learned enough to get me into, and out of, trouble when messing with the phone os. I'm a dope when it comes to computers, Linux, typing command lines, or trouble shooting pc problems. How hard is it to actually root 602 or 605

Banshee2raptor
03-09-2012, 02:54 PM
I have a rooted 605..it was very easy...ill try to get ya A link..the phone in question is my uncles. He wants it back to stock, but im conserned about his deleted factory apps causing a problem.

Sent from my DROIDX

stewie griffin
03-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Thanks guys, how about the deleted factory apps, will that cause a problem?

Sent from my DROIDX

I've deleted city id, blockbuster, madden, the data tracking to hide the occasionally usb tether, the stock launcher and keyboard and replaced with golauncher ex and go keyboard. And also the preloaded social network stuff like MySpace picassa , linkedin etc. Be careful though. Don't delete the yahoo stuff, work contacts, or the email engine apk. Doing so will cause contacts and texting to crash

stewie griffin
03-09-2012, 03:03 PM
I have a rooted 605..it was very easy...ill try to get ya A link..the phone in question is my uncles. He wants it back to stock, but im conserned about his deleted factory apps causing a problem.

Sent from my DROIDX

If you just want it back to stock, just sbf and you're good to go. Everything is put back to a like new os

savagerun
03-09-2012, 03:14 PM
The sbf will get it back to out of the box stock with all the sytem apps that came with the phone, so the deleted ones will be back. It's easy to root also. You can sbf using rsdlite also, there's plenty of videos on youtube on the process but some people have problems using rsdlite. Rooting is very simple as well. You can use the d3 one click root found here with a how to video http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/35634-gb-602-root-start-here-links-all.html if you decide to sbf using rsdlite here's a link to files you need https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/
Your best way is to use the 605iso file in the first link i gave you. The sbf and root method is all built in.

Banshee2raptor
03-09-2012, 03:49 PM
The sbf will get it back to out of the box stock with all the sytem apps that came with the phone, so the deleted ones will be back. It's easy to root also. You can sbf using rsdlite also, there's plenty of videos on youtube on the process but some people have problems using rsdlite. Rooting is very simple as well. You can use the d3 one click root found here with a how to video http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/35634-gb-602-root-start-here-links-all.html if you decide to sbf using rsdlite here's a link to files you need https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/
Your best way is to use the 605iso file in the first link i gave you. The sbf and root method is all built in.
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums Thanks alot, Ill give it a go...

Banshee2raptor
03-14-2012, 12:24 PM

Thanks Savagerun, The sbf worked perfectly on my 605 Droid X...I did the CD sbf, then factory reset my phone. I took the ota 4.5.621 update after all was compleated so I assume I can no longer use the CD to sbf my phone? Or am I wrong? How about the root methed on the CD, will that work with the ota .621 ?...
Thanks,..

savagerun
03-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Oh man you should of stayed on 605 and rooted, by updating to 621 you lost the ability to root till a root method is figured out for 621. Unfortunately you can't go back either by sbfing. There is a sbf for 621 but that doesn't do you any good for now anyway. Your gonna have to wait till a root method is available. Your not the only one that made that mistake to update so for now your unfortunately stuck.

Banshee2raptor
03-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Oh man you should of stayed on 605 and rooted, by updating to 621 you lost the ability to root till a root method is figured out for 621. Unfortunately you can't go back either by sbfing. There is a sbf for 621 but that doesn't do you any good for now anyway. Your gonna have to wait till a root method is available. Your not the only one that made that mistake to update so for now your unfortunately stuck. Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums Thats what I figured...Ow well, ill keep my X stock for now. Thanks for the help, if ya see a root for 621 let me know...Thanks again.....

Goose306
03-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Thats what I figured...Ow well, ill keep my X stock for now. Thanks for the help, if ya see a root for 621 let me know...Thanks again.....

Before you took the OTA were you rooted again? I.e. did you just SBF the OTA or did you SBF, root, then OTA?

Sent from my YACK!

Banshee2raptor
03-14-2012, 03:16 PM
Before you took the OTA were you rooted again? I.e. did you just SBF the OTA or did you SBF, root, then OTA?Sent from my YACK!I was rooted on 605,( had issues after a few months) sbf back to stock then took the ota update to 621... Not rooted...didn't try yet either...

Goose306
03-14-2012, 03:20 PM
I was rooted on 605,( had issues after a few months) sbf back to stock then took the ota update to 621... Not rooted...didn't try yet either...

The key step is if rooted after the SBF but before the OTA. There are scattered reports of people being able to restore root if they were rooted prior since SU and the binaries are still in the system, they are able to temp. elevate the system to root and then use ADB to chmod the SU back in to work. However if you came off a fresh SBF the OTA'd with no root after the SBF you don't have a chance till a new exploit is uncovered.

Sent from my YACK!