PDA

View Full Version : Governors?

jeems
03-08-2012, 11:57 AM
OK, so I've found some information about these, and I understand what they do in general. What I'd really love to know is what they do specifically. Is there a list of governor names and exactly what they do somewhere out there? I.e. - Ondemand boosts it to max when needed and lowers it slowly (I read that somewhere, don't hold me to that). Every time I search I get posts saying "sweet this has SmartassV2" or the like.

If it matters I'm on wizard's miui. TIA!

jeems
03-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Found this. It's what I was looking for as long as all the info applies across phones, roms, etc.

[REF] Quasar kernel governors and I/O schedulers manual - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1242323)

Goose306
03-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Your link is more or less correct. Some of them people will do some tweaking to - i.e. Powerboost had a conservative gov that BMc had done some tweaking to... and speaking of BMc there will be a new gov that comes with PB 2.5... but as far as core features that is more or less correct. The most popular one that is now widely available and probably sees the best usage for most people is the Smartass v2 gov.