PDA

View Full Version : Already Bricked

Madmick
03-07-2012, 07:44 PM
I tried using ROM Manager because I had already flashed the latest Clockwork. I hit the button, "Reboot into Recovery" and the phone rebooted and everything looked normal. Was I suppose to hold down the home button or something? Anyways, because of that, I tried using Droid 2 Bootstrapper. First I hit the top button, then the bottom to reboot.

Now I'm in what I think it called a "Bootloop". What do I do? Should I just SBF? I can't even hold down the power button to turn the damn thing off.

Madmick
03-07-2012, 07:47 PM
I even tried taking out the battery and putting it back in. I just keep seeing the red eye over and over. Won't get to the home screen.

silver04v
03-07-2012, 07:53 PM
pull battery, put back in. Hold home and hold power. Hold till the triangle guy comes up. then release both. Then hit both volume buttons at the same time. Then scroll to wipe data, and the select. then scroll to reboot and see if it will reboot. this will wipe your phone fyi. But it might get you up and going without having to sbf

Madmick
03-07-2012, 08:04 PM
pull battery, put back in. Hold home and hold power. Hold till the triangle guy comes up. then release both. Then hit both volume buttons at the same time. Then scroll to wipe data, and the select. then scroll to reboot and see if it will reboot. this will wipe your phone fyi. But it might get you up and going without having to sbf
Nope. Still in the bootloop. Gonna try to SBF now.

The persuader
03-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Good Choice...

Always try a Factory Reset/Data Wipe First as Silver Mentioned...personally...

:smile:90% of the Time what you've experienced...My first choice would be to SBF...your Wiping Data anyways...you may as well SBF and Get your Jets Cleaned with a Fresh Start...
:wink:
Its Bubba

You may have done this already...When you've finished SBFing... do a Nandroid (Backup)...
Nope. Still in the bootloop. Gonna try to SBF now.

Madmick
03-08-2012, 12:04 AM
Well, at first I thought the SBF failed (I used 1KDS's method for Mac), because I got a "couldn't finish operation due to insufficient memory". I thought that odd because my internal card is 8GB and I used virtually no space at all, so I wiped data anyway, rebooted, and I got to the screen shown in his video. I set up the phone. Now I'm up and running. My contacts were in place from the get-go because I entered my Google account info in the setup. I don't see my apps. Since I wiped data, do I simply re-install TiBu, and pull them in with it? I think I only backed up to my internal SD card on TiBu. From now on, I'll back up to both internal and external. It's not a big deal because I made sure I had all my apps as .apk files in a folder on my computer in case I screwed anything up (since I'm a newb and I expected I would at some point).

In any case, now I'm not really scared of anything. Barring an SBF brick itself (which I'll avoid because I'll just use this method), I'm pretty confident I can reset any pooch I screw in the future, LOL. So even though it's been a stressful evening, I feel good about it all now.

Nemo aeternamn
03-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Well, at first I thought the SBF failed (I used 1KDS's method for Mac), because I got a "couldn't finish operation due to insufficient memory". I thought that odd because my internal card is 8GB and I used virtually no space at all, so I wiped data anyway, rebooted, and I got to the screen shown in his video. I set up the phone. Now I'm up and running. My contacts were in place from the get-go because I entered my Google account info in the setup. I don't see my apps. Since I wiped data, do I simply re-install TiBu, and pull them in with it? I think I only backed up to my internal SD card on TiBu. From now on, I'll back up to both internal and external. It's not a big deal because I made sure I had all my apps as .apk files in a folder on my computer in case I screwed anything up (since I'm a newb and I expected I would at some point).

In any case, now I'm not really scared of anything. Barring an SBF brick itself (which I'll avoid because I'll just use this method), I'm pretty confident I can reset any pooch I screw in the future, LOL. So even though it's been a stressful evening, I feel good about it all now.

ya... just download tibu from the market and put everything back on... you shouldn't need to back up the external sd card... as an sbf doesn't touch the external sd

Madmick
03-08-2012, 01:57 AM
ya... just download tibu from the market and put everything back on... you shouldn't need to back up the external sd card... as an sbf doesn't touch the external sd
K. I re-rooted and downloaded TiBu. I did a batch restore of Apps + System and it's prompting me if I want to install each 1 by 1. Is there no way to automate this so I don't have to keep hitting "Install" then "Done".

I'm gonna do it because I never successfully created a nandroid. In the future, though, once I already have a nandroid, wouldn't it make sense to skip this step if I happened to do a full SBF before attempting to flash a new ROM?

Nemo aeternamn
03-08-2012, 03:04 AM
K. I re-rooted and downloaded TiBu. I did a batch restore of Apps + System and it's prompting me if I want to install each 1 by 1. Is there no way to automate this so I don't have to keep hitting "Install" then "Done".

I'm gonna do it because I never successfully created a nandroid. In the future, though, once I already have a nandroid, wouldn't it make sense to skip this step if I happened to do a full SBF before attempting to flash a new ROM?

if you rooted... it should batch restore no problem...

for future reference.. once you create a nandroid... sbf... you'll just have too root... but bootstrap on.. then restore from there

csk415
03-08-2012, 03:52 PM
if you rooted... it should batch restore no problem...

for future reference.. once you create a nandroid... sbf... you'll just have too root... but bootstrap on.. then restore from there

Isn't the batch operation only for the paid version? If the free is being used its one at a time. I used the free version but not the paid.

StrykedVorteX X

Leach19m
03-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Batch can be used for free or paid, the only difference is with the free version you have to confirm the installation of every app

jeems
03-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Isn't the batch operation only for the paid version? If the free is being used its one at a time. I used the free version but not the paid.

StrykedVorteX X

I think that's what I remember, too, but it's been a while.

Also, be careful with restoring system data! I guess it would be okay if you are on the exact same rom, but I never do it. There's nothing there I've ever found I need to restore and it has caused me all kinds of FCs, etc. I only restore apps+data. You can filter out all the system stuff so it isn't even a problem.

Madmick
03-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Batch can be used for free or paid, the only difference is with the free version you have to confirm the installation of every app
Yeah, I figured this out the hard way because I didn't unlock the Pro with key before I began restoring. I did it correctly once I restored apps on Vortex and was like, "Oh, sweet."

I think that's what I remember, too, but it's been a while.

Also, be careful with restoring system data! I guess it would be okay if you are on the exact same rom, but I never do it. There's nothing there I've ever found I need to restore and it has caused me all kinds of FCs, etc. I only restore apps+data. You can filter out all the system stuff so it isn't even a problem.
Ah, crap, I already restored system data on Vortex that I backed up on stock. Should I re-SBF? What is an FC, btw?

Now that I know the process, I wanted to take a look at MIUI. Wizard calls for an SBF to prep for that anyway, so I figure I can kill two birds with one stone. What are the exact steps I should take to flash MIUI from Vortex, Jeems? I'm on Gingerbread 2.3.3 build but with the 605 system version and the 2.6.32.9 kernel, so I should be safe to flash a 2nd-Init ROM, right? This excerpt from MacPro88's "2nd-Init" thread is a bit confusing:

Another thing everyone needs to know about 2nd-INIT, is that it only works on the older kernel from the Froyo 2.3.340 builds. This means that it will not work coming from any of the Gingerbread versions we currently have for the DROID X due to the fact they have an update Gingerbread kernel.

(This does not mean that you are not running Gingerbread (Android 2.3), however. The base operating system for all 2nd-INIT ROM's is is fact Gingerbread 2.3.3 or higher, some are running 2.3.4 and soon to be 2.3.5.)

The kernel version should be: 2.6.32.9

With this in mind, to flash a 2nd-INIT ROM, you must be on this kernel! Meaning you must already be on another 2nd-INIT ROM, you must be on Froyo, or you must be on a Froyo ROM.

Flashing from Gingerbread builds with the new Gingerbread kernel will result in a brick.
I'm 99% certain I meet the requirements from the text in blue, but the text in red seems like it might contradict it. I know I'm not on a 2nd-Init ROM with Vortex and that I'm not on Android 2.2 Froyo. So I'm guessing that when I rooted my phone on the 605 system version it meant that my stock ROM was now a "Froyo ROM"? I've been careful to avoid the 621 update. In any case, please list me instructions step-by-step on how to flash MIUI from Vortex.

Once I learn that, all I have to execute is a flash back to a Blur ROM from the 2nd-Init ROM, and then I think I'll have my full beard: Root, TiBu Backup, Nandroid, SBF, stock-to-Blur, Blur-to-2ndInit, 2ndInit-back-to-Blur...and I won't have to bug you guys as much, LOL.

jeems
03-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Yeah, I figured this out the hard way because I didn't unlock the Pro with key before I began restoring. I did it correctly once I restored apps on Vortex and was like, "Oh, sweet."

Ah, crap, I already restored system data on Vortex that I backed up on stock. Should I re-SBF? What is an FC, btw?

Now that I know the process, I wanted to take a look at MIUI. Wizard calls for an SBF to prep for that anyway, so I figure I can kill two birds with one stone. What are the exact steps I should take to flash MIUI from Vortex, Jeems? I'm on Gingerbread 2.3.3 build but with the 605 system version and the 2.6.32.9 kernel, so I should be safe to flash a 2nd-Init ROM, right? This excerpt from MacPro88's "2nd-Init" thread is a bit confusing:

I'm 99% certain I meet the requirements from the text in blue, but the text in red seems like it might contradict it. I know I'm not on a 2nd-Init ROM with Vortex and that I'm not on Android 2.2 Froyo. So I'm guessing that when I rooted my phone on the 605 system version it meant that my stock ROM was now a "Froyo ROM"? I've been careful to avoid the 621 update. In any case, please list me instructions step-by-step on how to flash MIUI from Vortex.

Once I learn that, all I have to execute is a flash back to a Blur ROM from the 2nd-Init ROM, and then I think I'll have my full beard: Root, TiBu Backup, Nandroid, SBF, stock-to-Blur, Blur-to-2ndInit, 2ndInit-back-to-Blur...and I won't have to bug you guys as much, LOL.

FC = force close. You will get popups saying "this application has force closed unexpectedly" or similar. f you aren't having any trouble you might be ok. VorteX was my first ROM and every time I restored system data it messed up. I think I flashed 3 or 4 times before I figured out what was causing it. If you do start having issues I would try just reflashing VorteX first. Also, if you made a nandroid of your stock rooted condition you could restore it and reflash vortex on that. This is a very useful backup and I always keep mine on my SD card. SBF is usually for when you can't get to recovery or can't get it to boot. Some people use it for a fresh start, but I just use that nandroid of my stock rooted system.

As for MacPro's post, I think it might be outdated, though I'm not sure the original thread. I'm pretty sure 2nd init was originally on froyo only, but that has all changed. You can flash from GB now. To install MIUI just follow wizards directions. SBF is probably best if you have the time. That said, I did his "cheat SBF" method using my stock-rooted .605 nandroid (see, this thing's handy!) and have not had any issues. Just restore the nandroid or SBF and follow his directions to a T.

Just some info: Any time you SBF to .602/605 you are on Gingerbread. Rooting doesn't affect this. The .340 that you see refers to Froyo and is pretty much gone now. There are some people who still use it and the older ROMs that ran it, but I would say most people are on GB now.

Goose306
03-12-2012, 08:09 AM
First off, congrats on losing your SBF virginity. Its really a rite of passage around these parts if your a ROMer/modder, so get comfortable. I've probably done it around 20-30 times. Eventually you get so comfortable flashing that you make the stupid mistakes (like when I was in Clockwork just speed hitting buttons down at the bar wiping and reflashing my /system because I had made a stupid mistake, and accidently hit Reboot System without applying the ROM .zip, so I rebooted with no /system installed... boom Red M of Death. LOL. Didn't have a phone the rest of the night till I could get home and resurrect it)

A couple days late here, but figured I'd give ya just a few pointers for rolling around here through various ROMs as it can be a touch confusing when your first learning it:

So all development nowadays is more or less focused on GB as stated above.

If you are on blur based (which is mainly Vortex, Liberty, Apex, stock) you will use D2 Bootstrap to get in to Recovery. If you use ROM Manager just use it to go in and flash the latest clockwork (make sure you select Droid 2).

When on 2nd-init (CM7/9, MIUI being main ones usually used) you hold Power Button hit Reboot and the Clockwork Recovery (usually labeled as CWM Recovery) you don't touch Droid 2 bootstrapper at all unless you like SBFing once your on 2nd-init. You can use ROM Manager and update the Clockwork if needed (just choose to Update Clockwork and then choose Droid X (2nd-init) ) but its not necessary usually unless there is a new Clockwork which there hasn't been for ages.

If needing to SBF just use either .602 or .605, honestly very little difference between the two .605 was just a small keyboard fix. Whatever you do do not take an OTA when on stock to .621, or SBF to .621. That's definitely on the never never list right now.

If you are moving between various ROMs I always recommend a cheat SBF if you don't do a full one. A cheat SBF is when in Clockwork do a /data, /cache, /dalvik, /system wipe (dalvik is found under advanced and system is found under mounts and storage). This should feasibly avoid problems between various ROMs. If you are updating to just a newer version of a current ROM, the install instructions can be a bit simpler (usually something along the lines of a cache wipe and flash) but always follow instructions in OP as some are different (for example when Wiz put out HDMI fix a full wipe was needed).

Finally, with Titanium Backup just restore user apps + data, as that is usually safe (things like games and the like) I've never had a problem with doing this, its restoring system apps that'll break your phone and make you go to force close hell or make you SBF. Some ROMs have custom Recovery options built in (MIUI has MIUI Backup for example) I use these to limited functionality, just using to backup my homescreen/themes etc so I don't need to rebuild those if I have to wipe. You can use it like Titanium for apps and whatnot, but I've always heard of various issues cropping up, and it only works on MIUI whereas Titanium works for pretty much all ROMs, so its just a lot more simple and reliable.

Madmick
03-16-2012, 01:04 PM
How do you verify if you've successfully SBF'd? In the Ragemod's video for 1KDS's method, once the SBF is complete, you will see a screen with the following text:

You script has now finished
You need to factory reset your phone
Remove the battery & Install
Hold Home & Power as it Boots
Release and Hit Both Volume Buttons at the droid/triangle screen
Wipe Data, Wipe Cache, Reboot
Press 1 then enter to shutdown your PC
As I mentioned in my initial SBF, I got a "Script failed" screen instead of the above, but then when I did the factory reset, the phone booted up. As you can see from this thread, I'd attempted wiping cache and factor resetting at Silver's suggestion before attempting an SBF, and it didn't get me out of the bootloop. Despite the "script failed" screen, after SBFing and then taking these steps (as is protocol for the SBF), I was able to boot successfully, so I assumed that the SBF had actually succeeded.

Then, last night, to help a friend who also has a Droid X that's been misbehaving, I attempted an SBF. It didn't appear to succeed, so this morning I tried to SBF on mine, too. I don't even get a "Script failed" screen anymore. All the processes take place, and then they verify, and everything says "good" but next I immediately go to the screen listing options to root (1. Droid 3 method, 2. Zergrush method, 3. Shutdown PC). On Mac/Linux, this is the exact same as the screen used to initialize the SBF process: where you hit "1" then the "Enter" key. We don't get asked, "Are you ready to SBF Flash your phone?" We just have the list of items above, except #1 is the option to SBF your phone, and the rest of those options are moved down a place (so 2. Root Droid 3 Method, 3. Root using Zergrush, 4. Shutdown PC).

Basically, I'm never getting a screen telling me the script has succeeded or failed. When I first learned how to root, I ended up downloading an app called "Root Checker Basic" just to verify that I'd rooted. How do I verify if I've successfully SBF'd? The Android setup screen comes up, but don't you have to set up if you do a factory wipe/reset from the "Droid/Triangle Screen" anyway?

stryker
03-16-2012, 03:40 PM
You know how i know if an sbf worked? My phone boots up to the eyeball boot animation lol. From there i pull battery and go into stock recovery and wipe data. Then hit reboot. If you keep getting a fail, like you said on your phone or someone elses. I would re download 1kds's 605 or 602 file and toss the disc you have now in the trash and burn a new one. I have had rsd lite fail, but never 1kd's or wugfreshed sbfboot. You might of got a bad download. So pretty much if you can't get your phone to boot up after you did the sbf and wiped data in stock recovery. You failed!!! :-)

=(.stryker.originals.miui.)=

Madmick
03-16-2012, 08:04 PM
You know how i know if an sbf worked? My phone boots up to the eyeball boot animation lol. From there i pull battery and go into stock recovery and wipe data. Then hit reboot. If you keep getting a fail, like you said on your phone or someone elses. I would re download 1kds's 605 or 602 file and toss the disc you have now in the trash and burn a new one. I have had rsd lite fail, but never 1kd's or wugfreshed sbfboot. You might of got a bad download. So pretty much if you can't get your phone to boot up after you did the sbf and wiped data in stock recovery. You failed!!! :-)

No, that's what I get. Apparently I succeeded. Once the process finishes and I see that screen with 3 options my phone automatically transitions from the Bootload mode to a bootloop with the red eye. Then I clear battery and proceed. So cool. Just checking.

I flashed MIUI. It took me about 10 minutes to realize that there's no app menu and that it just keeps all apps stored on the pages, LOL. Not a huge fan of that setup, especially since I have to hit the Menu key then "Preview" to see all my pages, but I'll get used to it. It definitely doesn't look anything like Blur. And I already downloaded a Transformers theme that is beastin'. It's nuts how every app changes. Can I change the Hotseat apps like I could with Apex? That was my favorite feature. On Apex, I had Messaging, Dialer, AppMenu, Opera Mini, and Root Explorer as my hotseats. There's no AppMenu with MIUI, but I still would like to customize hotseats.

stryker
03-16-2012, 11:37 PM
No, that's what I get. Apparently I succeeded. Once the process finishes and I see that screen with 3 options my phone automatically transitions from the Bootload mode to a bootloop with the red eye. Then I clear battery and proceed. So cool. Just checking.

I flashed MIUI. It took me about 10 minutes to realize that there's no app menu and that it just keeps all apps stored on the pages, LOL. Not a huge fan of that setup, especially since I have to hit the Menu key then "Preview" to see all my pages, but I'll get used to it. It definitely doesn't look anything like Blur. And I already downloaded a Transformers theme that is beastin'. It's nuts how every app changes. Can I change the Hotseat apps like I could with Apex? That was my favorite feature. On Apex, I had Messaging, Dialer, AppMenu, Opera Mini, and Root Explorer as my hotseats. There's no AppMenu with MIUI, but I still would like to customize hotseats.

You can have up to 6 icons in the hotseat, and you can drag what ever apps you want down there. Miui has the most customizing of themes out of any ROM. Go launcher might have more extras, but most of it is junk. My fav launcher is miui. I don't use the app drawer anyways, its just an extra step i don't need. If you do like the app drawer. Just put all your icons into 1 folder and put it in your dock just like the app drawer. Or use the app drawer that comes in the miui control panel app.

Madmick
03-17-2012, 05:11 PM
How do I add/modify hotseats? Can't find it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

stryker
03-17-2012, 11:15 PM

Really? Dude long press and drag them in or out lol!

DirtyDroid
03-17-2012, 11:21 PM

Your hotseat is the dock....or if your looking to change it with a different one, with ninjamorph etc , its in system/app/Launcher2.apk

Sent from my DROID X

DirtyDroid
03-17-2012, 11:25 PM
Your hotseat is the dock....or if your looking to change it with a different one, with ninjamorph etc , its in system/app/Launcher2.apk

Ohhh ninjad...by minutes lol
Sent from my DROID X

Sent from my DROID X

Madmick
03-18-2012, 04:14 AM
Really? Dude long press and drag them in or out lol!

Damn, yeah, LOL, didn't expect it to be that easy! Everything about Blur had inured me to thinking that settings could only be modified through accessing some menu somewhere. Even in Apex I used the Menu Key on the home page to go to a menu to edit that setting. It's really nice that MIUI operate more like a traditional Windows/Mac OS. I'm still adjusting. The themes are freaking incredible. I had several of the desk girls at the gym (who have iPhones) jealous over how easy it was to change the look and feel. I even showed them the "iPhone" theme just to show them how easy it was to make my phone look like theirs. Priceless. So far the only downside is that it's eating my battery faster than Stock did before I rooted. I guess I'll look into adjusting settings to help with that.

Also, thanks for the Folder-in-Hotseat idea. I might do that, but actually, the more I'm using MIUI, the more comfortable I am with approaching it like a normal desktop (with the exception that the apps aren't shortcuts). However, is there a way to remove an app's icon from the desktop without uninstalling or freezing it? I have bunch of apps that I rarely access directly (e.g. Superuser, Voice Search), so I'd prefer removing the icon to maintain a neater space. If not, I'll just tuck it in a folder with the other apps that I don't access directly, and put it out of the way.

The other big problem I'm having is dragging folders/apps from one screen to the next. The official website (http://en.miui.com/a-10.html) says that it works the same as Blur: drag it to the border of the screen and it should pan over. I spend about 2 minutes just to get a successful screen change. I haven't been able to drag a folder. In the meantime, I'm dragging them down to the dock, switching screens, and dragging them out of the dock. But this is roundabout. Has anyone else had this problem?
*Edit* Nevermind this italicized question. I answered it myself- the URL with the trick I linked below. Damn, holding down the "Home" key from the lock screen activates torch. MIUI is just freaking sick. These 17 tips are pretty nifty. The answer to the itallicized question is #5:
http://maketecheasier.com/17-hidden-tips-and-tricks-for-miui/2011/05/15

Seamore5
03-18-2012, 07:44 AM
Damn, yeah, LOL, didn't expect it to be that easy! Everything about Blur had inured me to thinking that settings could only be modified through accessing some menu somewhere. Even in Apex I used the Menu Key on the home page to go to a menu to edit that setting. It's really nice that MIUI operate more like a traditional Windows/Mac OS. I'm still adjusting. The themes are freaking incredible. I had several of the desk girls at the gym (who have iPhones) jealous over how easy it was to change the look and feel. I even showed them the "iPhone" theme just to show them how easy it was to make my phone look like theirs. Priceless. So far the only downside is that it's eating my battery faster than Stock did before I rooted. I guess I'll look into adjusting settings to help with that.

Also, thanks for the Folder-in-Hotseat idea. I might do that, but actually, the more I'm using MIUI, the more comfortable I am with approaching it like a normal desktop (with the exception that the apps aren't shortcuts). However, is there a way to remove an app's icon from the desktop without uninstalling or freezing it? I have bunch of apps that I rarely access directly (e.g. Superuser, Voice Search), so I'd prefer removing the icon to maintain a neater space. If not, I'll just tuck it in a folder with the other apps that I don't access directly, and put it out of the way.

The other big problem I'm having is dragging folders/apps from one screen to the next. The official website (http://en.miui.com/a-10.html) says that it works the same as Blur: drag it to the border of the screen and it should pan over. I spend about 2 minutes just to get a successful screen change. I haven't been able to drag a folder. In the meantime, I'm dragging them down to the dock, switching screens, and dragging them out of the dock. But this is roundabout. Has anyone else had this problem?
*Edit* Nevermind this italicized question. I answered it myself- the URL with the trick I linked below. Damn, holding down the "Home" key from the lock screen activates torch. MIUI is just freaking sick. These 17 tips are pretty nifty. The answer to the itallicized question is #5:
17 Hidden Tips And Tricks For MIUI Android ROM That You Probably Didn't Know (http://maketecheasier.com/17-hidden-tips-and-tricks-for-miui/2011/05/15)

i see that you found the steps .. nice tricks i might say .. welcome to MIUI. Don`t be scared to try different roms and also themes im sure you will be very happy on what you find ..

Miui is a new home and everyone has there own freedom Again look around and have fun with it ... oh and don`t be scared to ask questions someone always answers... http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/images/smilies2/big%20smile.png

Madmick
03-18-2012, 08:53 AM
i see that you found the steps .. nice tricks i might say .. welcome to MIUI. Don`t be scared to try different roms and also themes im sure you will be very happy on what you find ..
Miui is a new home and everyone has there own freedom Again look around and have fun with it ... oh and don`t be scared to ask questions someone always answers... http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/images/smilies2/big%20smile.png
Well, maybe you could answer the question in red from above. Is there a way to remove an app's icon from the app drawer without uninstalling the app or freezing the app in TiBu?

Seamore5
03-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Well, maybe you could answer the question in red from above. Is there a way to remove an app's icon from the app drawer without uninstalling the app or freezing the app in TiBu?

Well if you are running Miui and have your apps in a folder or the tool folder .. (" IE") app drawer... all you have to do is long press the app and it will come out and then you can place it any were you like ... hope this is what you mean ... let me know ... :smile:

stryker
03-18-2012, 07:19 PM
To move icons and widgets and folders easier. hit menu, then editor, now long press on a icon, keep it held down, then take your other finger or thumb on the opposite hand and Swype to the screen you want to drop the icon on. This works with widgets and folders also. You can also do it without going into editor mode. I just find it a bit easier in editor mode though. Once I'm done setting up my screens how i want, go into the backup app and make a backup of just the screen layout, nothing else. Now if you update or have to sbf for some reason, all you have to do is reload your apps, then go to the back up app and restore your desktop layout backup and wa la, your screens are all set up like you had them. There is no way i know to hide an app without freezing it. Just stick it into a folder or freeze it if your don't use it. That's what i do. Here is a video i found on YouTube that explains how to use the miui ROM. It should explain better then i can explain in type.

Miui overview link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ6YLlfecYU&feature=youtube_gdata_player