PDA

View Full Version : Contacts have triple entries?

glshub
03-05-2012, 12:07 PM
My contacts have triple entries when I do things like install speed dial. The contacts are single in the contacts menu.

The same thing is in the ringtones and notifications. There are triple entries.

Seems every time I have done a factory reset the phone adds these. I had done one and there were two of everything. Now I have done it again and there are three of everything.

This drives me nuts... Is there a way to fix this??

Thanks!

Sent from my Milestone X using Droid X Forums

DirtyDroid
03-05-2012, 01:31 PM
What do you have for accounts sync ? You can also remove them through Google acct on computer too

Sent from my Droid X

ToeJamm57
03-05-2012, 05:45 PM
If you go into Google on your PC or Laptop - Gmail - Contacts then click on the "More" button you can then click on "Find & Merge Duplicates.

Once that process is complete you can Sync as Dirtydroid says. Of course we don't know what caused all the duplication to begin with so you may see it come back if not corrected.

glshub
03-05-2012, 08:10 PM
In my accounts sync I have my Google acct and Photobucket.
Then contacts were checked to sync along with calendar. The calendar says it synced but it didn't.

My contacts arent double or tripled. in the contacts menu. They are just tripled, along with ringtones and notification tones, when I started to make a speed dial they were tripled. Also when setting ringtones and notifications they are tripled.

The Google merge wont change anything except the contacts themselves.. in the contacts menu... Right?

Seems as they just tripled up in the phone memery. The contacts came back ok.

glshub
03-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Sounds crazy but thats how it is.

ToeJamm57
03-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Are you using Verizon Backup Assistant? Do you have contacts copied to the SD card?

ToeJamm57
03-06-2012, 08:04 AM
I'm grasping at straws here - but what the heck:

Try this - go into Contacts-Menu-Display Options

Bottom half of screen - does it have option for "Chose contacts to display"?

This will show your accounts (and probably SD card) where you have contacts saved. May include Google, phone, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc. If you go into each option there is a check box to select whether you want it displayed or not. If you make sure Google is the only one checked off perhaps it will take care of the duplication problem you are seeing.

ToeJamm57
03-06-2012, 08:23 AM
After looking at it a bit more I am guess the problem rests with what I described in the last post. If your Google account is free of duplicates then you must have some or all your contacts duplicated on the phone (either on the SD card or in a social network account(s)). If you select the option not to display them I think it will take care of the problem.

I'm grasping at straws here - but what the heck:

Try this - go into Contacts-Menu-Display Options

Bottom half of screen - does it have option for "Chose contacts to display"?

This will show your accounts (and probably SD card) where you have contacts saved. May include Google, phone, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc. If you go into each option there is a check box to select whether you want it displayed or not. If you make sure Google is the only one checked off perhaps it will take care of the duplication problem you are seeing.

glshub
03-06-2012, 08:40 AM
My contacts are single now...

Now my problem is the both the phone ringtones and notification sounds are doubled up. Any way of getting rid of the doubles there?

Thanks!

DirtyDroid
03-06-2012, 08:53 AM
and they are only one when you go view in root explorer in system

glshub
03-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Yes