PDA

View Full Version : Rom suggestions

FrontierProject
03-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Im looking for a new rom, I'm currently running a build by mobile sensei, not sure which one.

I'm not very picky. I would prefer a rom that uses the GingerBlur launcher, and since I'm sick of this rom's 20, I would prefer one that uses 1% battery increments.

I'm also very interested in cyanogenmod 9, but I'm worried about stability and the nonworking camera. Is this a active rom as far as development is concerned, or more of an abandoned beta test?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

nemosfate
03-03-2012, 07:53 PM
It's still active in development
Have you tried vortex?

Graphics Team @ Android Creative Syndicate

jdcmusicman
03-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Vortex is a great rom .very stable,reliable and for me has been problem free .Everything works ,is fast smooth and has great battery life...

dtroup64
03-03-2012, 10:23 PM
From what you mention, Vortex would seem to be a great choice for you. Stable, fast, everything that is suppposed to be a feature of the X works, and if you get bored there are some terrific themes that have been developed for it.

FrontierProject
03-04-2012, 04:28 PM
what's the differance between VorteX RC1 and VorteX Beta?

Bkdodger
03-04-2012, 04:38 PM
what's the differance between VorteX RC1 and VorteX Beta?

You will want the RC version as its the release candidate ...

Sent from my flashaholic Nexus..
thru tapatalk....

FrontierProject
03-04-2012, 04:43 PM
before I even start I need a theme or something that changes the status bar icons to something cleaner, ICS'y or something, I don't like the 3d models

FrontierProject
03-04-2012, 04:55 PM
also, this is the first time I'll be switching roms with a lot of apps and data, will I be able to just do a TiBu backup and then restore on my new Rom? should I restore system settings etc?

Bkdodger
03-04-2012, 05:09 PM
You can backup all data and apps on tibu... when you restore just do apps&data....no system.... you can also let the market update if you wish and just restore data on stuff you need like K9 mail or games ...

Sent from my flashaholic Nexus..
thru tapatalk....

dtroup64
03-04-2012, 05:13 PM
If you're looking for an ICS type theme for Vortex there are a couple. Here's one: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-themes/43615-theme-icsish-vortex-rc1.html

BenDROIDX00
06-06-2012, 12:24 AM
I see this topic has been left alone for a bit but I'll offer my two cents anyways... Vortex ReLoaded is where its at for a GingerBlur based ROM, and CM9, AOKP, and Team Gummy's ICS models are all for the most part stable now a days. Hope this helps someone... Also on ICS roms read the OP, or first page to figure out "what's working"

FrontierProject
06-06-2012, 09:20 AM
I see this topic has been left alone for a bit but I'll offer my two cents anyways... Vortex ReLoaded is where its at for a GingerBlur based ROM, and CM9, AOKP, and Team Gummy's ICS models are all for the most part stable now a days. Hope this helps someone... Also on ICS roms read the OP, or first page to figure out "what's working"
wait.....there's flashers that still use GB?... I've been running Gummy since release, no way I'm going back.

Goose306
06-06-2012, 09:52 AM
I still use Wiz's MIUI as a DD. With his refined improvements, its very, very hard to find a ROM that offers the exact cross-section of stability, battery life, customization, and responsiveness. I like ICS, but its still an incomplete whole. I find myself every day coming home after unplugging at 5-6 AM and still having 70% plus battery life at 8-9 PM every day, with all the speed, snappiness, (and great looks) that I need, so its hard to argue with that. I do like the additional features of ICS, but just the "never worry" state that this ROM is in makes it impossible for me to find a better DD.

Personal opinion, of course.

BenDROIDX00
06-06-2012, 11:36 PM
wait.....there's flashers that still use GB?... I've been running Gummy since release, no way I'm going back.

LMAO Frontier, yeah some us just wont step back off that cliffhanger ledge thats surely holding up GB... I think the last step before taking the plunge to ICS and staying there like you and I, is literally waving "bye bye" to battery life as you knew it lol!!!

I myself only touch GB now when I'm on a fresh Brick/SBF, or going outta town and need the battery life..

Anywho, I really must say that GB does have its advantages, GB is like a SmartCar, and ICS is like a damn HUM-V

P.S. Goose got me again with the MIUI ICS thing.... right after my car analogy I read it! K, well MIUI is like a Chevy Cobalt or Cruze then cuz the Wiz, is well... THE WIZ!!!

FrontierProject
06-07-2012, 11:33 AM
LMAO Frontier, yeah some us just wont step back off that cliffhanger ledge thats surely holding up GB... I think the last step before taking the plunge to ICS and staying there like you and I, is literally waving "bye bye" to battery life as you knew it lol!!!

I myself only touch GB now when I'm on a fresh Brick/SBF, or going outta town and need the battery life..

Anywho, I really must say that GB does have its advantages, GB is like a SmartCar, and ICS is like a damn HUM-V

P.S. Goose got me again with the MIUI ICS thing.... right after my car analogy I read it! K, well MIUI is like a Chevy Cobalt or Cruze then cuz the Wiz, is well... THE WIZ!!!

I've got no beefs about the battery, I'm getting to 40% at the end of the day, I'm a mild user atm, what'r u all getting.

newmanx4
06-07-2012, 01:58 PM
AOKP build 38.1. No overclocking or undervolting. I'm at 76% 7 hours off charger. Battery is a year old.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

akeezy
06-07-2012, 02:47 PM
AOKP build 38.1. No overclocking or undervolting. I'm at 76% 7 hours off charger. Battery is a year old.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Wow! I've been wanting to flash that but I just can't pull myself away from BlackIce even though they're practically the same thing haha. I'm at 76% after 5 hours which is better than the average ICS rom for me. I may flash this new build tonight

http://img.tapatalk.com/ae38d128-054a-1c74.jpg

BenDROIDX00
06-08-2012, 11:11 AM
On AOKP build 38.1 I have about 25% left at the end of the day, on a year old battery, no overclocking or undervolting, and I'm a moderate phone user and a WiFi HOG :tongue:!