PDA

View Full Version : Best way to improve my rooted Droid x

Buyacka
02-29-2012, 10:08 PM
Looking for the forums opinion on sbs to flash my phone with. Looking for options and steps to improve my phone. :big smile:

DirtyDroid
02-29-2012, 11:20 PM
What are you currently running? System info?

Sent from my Droid X

nemosfate
02-29-2012, 11:24 PM
And to add I'm assuming you mean roms and not sbf

Graphics Team @ Android Creative Syndicate

Buyacka
03-01-2012, 01:01 AM
system 4.5.605
and yeah after more reading i see its roms i want lol

savagerun
03-01-2012, 08:02 AM
Check out liberty or vortex. They are both overall very solid and stable with good battery life. Here's a link to gingerbread roms http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/ read up on all of the roms and see what looks good for you. If your not sure about something just ask before trying to install and if you haven't yet make a nandroid backup of your stock rooted rom before going any further.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

popcenator
03-01-2012, 08:04 AM
There's a lot of good ROMs out there, you'll see the term flashaholic often because it becomes an addiction. Vortex and Liberty have always been good ROMs, MIUI, SSX, and CM7 are more customizable.

docholliday
03-02-2012, 07:21 AM
There's a lot of good ROMs out there, you'll see the term flashaholic often because it becomes an addiction. Vortex and Liberty have always been good ROMs, MIUI, SSX, and CM7 are more customizable.

I totally agree with popcenator....I have defiantly become a "flashaholic" since rooting my DX...I luv MIUI but the Liberty and Vortex are very stable..I am currently trying Vortex (again) coming from beans MIUI Galnet ICS 2.2.5.....I'm getting the urge to flash another rom tho:excited:....LOL

Buyacka
03-02-2012, 11:22 AM
yeah i been reading about all these roms and i would love to start with the easiest one it just sucks that i need my pc for most of them but thank god its friday so hopefully ill finally have time to test one of these out. Which would be the easiest to flash? i really would like to try the ics roms but ill wait and i heard that there might be a beats audio codec mod for our phones now.

popcenator
03-02-2012, 11:39 AM
They're all pretty straight forward. Just flash D2 Bootstrap, pick one, wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache and install. It just depends on what style you want. Vortex and Liberty are both non-2nd init ROMs, CM7, MIUI, and CM9 are 2nd init. Non-2nd init ROMs are closer to being blur-like, 2nd init are usually AOSP.

Buyacka
03-02-2012, 11:44 AM
hey Pop D2 bootstrap would work for my droid x? im such a noob lol :smile:

stewie griffin
03-02-2012, 11:53 AM
hey Pop D2 bootstrap would work for my droid x? im such a noob lol :smile:

Yes, d2 bootstrap works. Just make sure to check USB debugging is enabled

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Buyacka
03-08-2012, 11:00 AM
ok so im using cm7 but not all my apps are working but then i noticed the gapps i used wasnt for my phone so i got another which is working better but still not that great.
anyone have a link to a good gapps for my droid x cm7 or maybe i need the latest cm7? i know there so many versions and links.