PDA

View Full Version : are there review/screenshots of each ROM anywhere?

Jaimie
02-29-2012, 11:18 AM
I've rooted and flased before, but its been a while. I'm starting to have some issues and want to re-do/re-flash, etc. I've got the basics and instructions for backup/sbf/flash, etc; have read up on and looked into the recent updated ROMs... but just wondering if there are any screenshots in posts about the ROMs. I haven't seen any... am I getting these confused with Launchers? Sorry, sort-of noob since its been about 9 months since I flashed my DX...

At least I remembered enough from memory over the weekend to "fix" and recover from some sort of mess up that locked me up! LOL THANKS

All of you are awesome. I have truly learned a lot here. It would be even better if I knew someon in the Tampa area to get together with and learn even more about the ROMS, flashing, etc. Any one?

DirtyDroid
02-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Well you can find an abundance of screens here http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-themes/766-screenshots-your-droid-x-home-screens.html , and heres one for miui screens http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/miui/32943-miui-screen-shots.html , as for reviews, there are a few threads around comparing them, but for the most its in the Rom thread of people talking about it and giving their views/opinions and what not

jeems
02-29-2012, 12:11 PM
Yeah, what dirtydroid said. The best way unfortunately is to read up on them and see what might fit you best and then try it. Most of them have some screenshots in the opening post. The CM roms and MIUI roms have so many themes/customization it probably doesn't really matter what they look like:) If you know what you are looking for (stability, customization, certain must haves) throw them out and people will make recommendations.

Oh, and don't take the ota update if you want to root and rom!!! (621)

Jaimie
02-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Thanks! I've got a lot more reading to do adn figure out which one I want. I'm gonna "play" with my DX this weekend.

I guess I also need to figure out the ROM Manager app and how to install more than one ROM. That can be helpful in figuring out which one I want. I just find out about Home Switcher for Launchers and like that option! Have used GO Launcher for a long tiem and like it a lot. Want a change for a bit. :) Love having a Droid!! LOVE that I can do these things to it and change it up everynow and then. Like having a whole new phone!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!! for developing, for answering questions adn support.. and "hand holding" to those of us who are a little trepidatious/leary/ cautious..

T H A N K Y O U ! ! ! ! :big smile: