PDA

View Full Version : Sbf hotwiring leads to unrecognized battery

thekuvonn
02-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Hello all,

I recently had to sbf from the CM9 beta on my DX, and when I did, I ended up with the "code corrupt battery low cannot program" message. To bypass this, I used an old cut up USB cable to fool the computer into thinking the Droid was fully charged, and from there I sbfed perfectly. When I booted up afterward to recharge the battery, though (I was now on a wall charger) it gave me the empty battery and question mark message. I tried again later, and the green charging light comes on, but the display doesn't...What do I do?

Thanks,
TheK

Enyo
02-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Hello all,I recently had to sbf from the CM9 beta on my DX, and when I did, I ended up with the "code corrupt battery low cannot program" message. To bypass this, I used an old cut up Ian cable to fool the computer into thinking the Droid was fully charged, and from there I sbfed perfectly. When I booted up afterward to recharge the battery, though (I was now on a wall charger) it gave me the empty battery and question mark message. I tried again later, and the green charging light comes on, but the display doesn't...What do I do?Thanks,TheK

This happened to me.
I had to buy another battery
Just buy an extended battery since you need another one, you get 2 benefits.
Their is no way around buying another battery.
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Nemo aeternamn
02-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Hello all,

I recently had to sbf from the CM9 beta on my DX, and when I did, I ended up with the "code corrupt battery low cannot program" message. To bypass this, I used an old cut up USB cable to fool the computer into thinking the Droid was fully charged, and from there I sbfed perfectly. When I booted up afterward to recharge the battery, though (I was now on a wall charger) it gave me the empty battery and question mark message. I tried again later, and the green charging light comes on, but the display doesn't...What do I do?

Thanks,
TheK

ya... you need a new battery... because the phone monitors the charge....
i don't recommend this way because i've actually seen this take out phones....