PDA

View Full Version : Ustream vs Mestream

Montu
08-22-2010, 04:10 AM
Must of us know about Ustream.tv. There's an app out there that's made for chatting with friends and family. Its perfect for people that don't have the iphone or Evo, but want to chat live. It can also even improve the forementioned phones, because with this app, you don't need wifi to use it. It needs improvement in audio feed, but fix is coming. You can also text and chat with SIX people at once, both audio, AND text. The problem s, it's a new beta app and they need more feedback in order to improve it. Also, theres ustream launcher, ustream viewer, and ustream streamer. Download all three. Its free. Ustream and mestream are,the best apps in the market.please download them!

Phatkat66
08-22-2010, 09:57 AM
I actually have all those apps and never used it. No ones ever on the computer while im out toreally test it out. Also mestream I thought was a bit confusing I don't even remember what my channel link was.

mestream
09-01-2010, 02:16 AM
As the dev for Mestream, I'd like to say thank you for the feedback. Despite the name, I didn't want the app to be like Ustream. The focus for Mestream is pure mobile-mobile. Currently it can do one-many streams (up to 8 viewers), and private streams and video calls are in the works.

@Phatkat66: the stream link once showed your video feed on the website, and that is no longer relevant, since that's been disabled. it's been removed from the new user interface, coming in the next update.

-nick-

@mestream
Mestream (BETA) - Welcome to Mestream (http://mestream.net)

fishter1970
10-13-2010, 12:32 AM
For starters Nick I love mestream thank you for your hard work on it. I use it everyday. Have noticed alot of bugs recently such as chat not working, lost my friends list, and account not recognised when logging in. Will be sweet once audio is functional as well. All in all awsome app, best I've found on market. I am eager for next update and look forward to seeing what is next. Keep up the great work. Rooted Droid