PDA

View Full Version : Refresh memory about USB Debugging

DroidXFanatic
02-24-2012, 05:46 PM
Going to root a friends Droid X for the first time. Been trying to convince him to root for a while and he just received the 621 update notification and after I told him about no root no sbf he finally agreed lol. Done this many times and it comes easy to me but for some reason I can't quite remember about USB debugging. If I'm correct it needs to be on to root but to run d2 bootstrap and install a custom rom it needs to be off?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Nemo aeternamn
02-24-2012, 05:48 PM
Right now... It doesn't matter really... 621 isn't rootable yet...
unless he hasn't taken it.. In which case.. with Droid 2 bootstrap... USB debugging needs to be on

"I'll get you my little pretty... and your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

savagerun
02-24-2012, 05:48 PM
Nope just leave it on for everything

DroidXFanatic
02-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Right now... It doesn't matter really... 621 isn't rootable yet...

"I'll get you my little pretty... and your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

He's still on 605, he's not going to accept the update.

DroidXFanatic
02-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the quick responses, much appreciated!

rewwky1846
02-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Hey gents, I've saw alot of chatter on this .621 update. I'm currently rooted on GB .605 with Pete's root tool and also have Wug's Tether app that works like a charm. I have the message asking to accept the .621 update. I want to delete the .621 update and ensure that it does not try to download again. If I remember .605 ended up automatically downloading/updating after a few days and I don't want the same thing to happen to me on .621. Can you tell me where the update file is located and what steps I need to take to ensure it doesn't try to download again. I've heard of a recommendation to "freeze" somthing and I'm OK with that so long as it doesn't impact the updates to my other apps. Thanks! Rob

DroidXFanatic
02-24-2012, 06:00 PM

savagerun
02-24-2012, 06:03 PM
You can just use titanium backup or a similar app to freeze the updater and you'll be fine, it won't effect anything else. Look for the 2.3.3 updater and freeze it.

DroidXFanatic
02-24-2012, 09:07 PM
Actually one more question, I'm able to install roms without enabling USB debugging, is that because my phone already has recovery on it?