PDA

View Full Version : New Droid X Update Available Now; Comes with Several Bug Fixes

dgstorm
02-24-2012, 11:25 AM
http://static.droidblog.net/dgstorm/df/droid-x-blue.jpg

The amazing Droid X just got a little bit better. A new incremental update was released for the phone that brings it up to version 4.5.621.MB810. Not only does it include some important bug fixes, it also has some useful new features. Here's a breakdown:

Over the Air Updates

Prevents lockups or resets after the Over the Air (OTA) update.
OTA update notice screen displays the correct estimated update time.

Device Features

Improved browser security with the Google Security Patch from Android 2.3.6.
Fixed issue where the device may power ON without user interaction.
Resolved possible device resets while playing music.
Adjusted camera settings will be saved, even after the device is powered down.
Reduced Out of Memory errors.
WAV files can be played from Visual Voice Mail.
Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
Improved stability of Music Player reduces resets.
Shortcuts to applications remain on the device even after applications are moved to the SD card.

Email, Messaging & Data

Improved connectivity with 3G Mobile Hotspot data connectivity.
Addressed error that replicated thumbnails in message threads.
Corrected errors where Yahoo! mail notifications were not displayed properly.
Reduced duplicate message errors.
Improved ability to access and receive Gmail when the Mobile Hotspot is turned on.
Sorted contact groups.
Device recognizes Multimedia ringtones after purchase.

Accessories

Button background lighting turns off while in the desktop cradle.

Keep something in mind about this update... according to reports across the web, this new .621 update breaks the ability to SBF your Droid X back to an earlier version. If you want it, you can manually check for it by going to Settings> About Phone> System Update.

Source: DroidMatters (http://www.droidmatters.com/news/droid-x-v4-5-621-mb810-update-now-available-brings-a-slew-of-bug-fixes/)

HarleyDude
02-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Make sure to read this thread (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-general-discussion/44003-621-update-will-break-ability-sbf-older-firmwares.html) before taking the upgrade
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-general-discussion/44003-621-update-will-break-ability-sbf-older-firmwares.html

cleancasey
02-24-2012, 12:10 PM
You can keep root or reroot...but any glitch trying to load a rom and you got a brick...at least till...and if they release the sbf...
:big smile:

droidxuser7
02-24-2012, 06:26 PM
For me, it worked great for a bit and seemed like it was back to Gingerbread working well on the DX. Then I tried Liberty3 2.0 on a friend's phone and remembered how fast it was, and APEX on another and the CM9 ICS Kang on another...and I realized...it's not so great. Also, it has rebooted twice and today has just been sluggish. Hopefully someone will figure out how to root it soon! :(

pltctytc
02-25-2012, 08:50 AM
you buy and own the phone but V doesn't want you to alter the software. funny this update came so long after the phone was discontinued even though it really doesn't fix the main bugs people are chatting about
i guess in reality we just lease the phone

Brad92
02-25-2012, 09:01 AM
you buy and own the phone but V doesn't want you to alter the software. funny this update came so long after the phone was discontinued even though it really doesn't fix the main bugs people are chatting about
i guess in reality we just lease the phone

That's why I wont install it. Root and ROM'ing is the only reason this phone hasn't been repeatedly runover by a semi.

X

chrisfldad
02-25-2012, 12:29 PM
I had someone root my droid using bootstrap and rom manager. I wanted to uproot it but they guy that rooted it can't help. My phone is dog right now and I would like to get some pep back into it. Can any one help me uproot it? I feel I can uproot it if I had instructions, but I'm not up on the language you guys use, like SBF, I have no idea what that means, lol, just being real. Thank you to anyone that can help.

DirtyDroid
02-25-2012, 12:35 PM
I had someone root my droid using bootstrap and rom manager. I wanted to uproot it but they guy that rooted it can't help. My phone is dog right now and I would like to get some pep back into it. Can any one help me uproot it? I feel I can uproot it if I had instructions, but I'm not up on the language you guys use, like SBF, I have no idea what that means, lol, just being real. Thank you to anyone that can help.

What's your current version? System settings>about phone. And is it stock or running a rom?

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent ICS Blue

chrisfldad
02-25-2012, 05:05 PM
Android 2.3.3, system .605. I have a Rom Manager v5.0.0.6 on the phone I've never been in it before. My friend rooted it so I could tether.

DirtyDroid
02-25-2012, 06:40 PM
OK well first thing to try is do a battery pull, put it back in, then press and hold home, while powering on, once you see the android guy, let go...then press both volume buttons....youll see a screen with blue text, scroll down to wipe cache partition with volume buttons, then choose it with power, once finished select reboot system now....that should help....you can install a rom, and do various tweaks also to help performance

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent ICS Blue

chrisfldad
02-25-2012, 06:51 PM
I did it. Followed instruction on how to flash sbf back to .602. So far so good.

cHa0s911
02-27-2012, 09:16 AM
About time they fixed the the camera issue defaulting back to widescreen...

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

droidosaurus_rex
02-27-2012, 07:02 PM
I wonder if it fixes the search key while in the app drawer bug.

If you mean pushing the search button taking you back to the homescreen, then no its not fixed.

Sokyoku
02-28-2012, 09:25 AM
Thought I cant get updates unless I'm un-rooted? Just got the update notification few moment ago. No intention to update through.

popcenator
02-28-2012, 09:28 AM
You can get them, they most likely won't install successfully though.

dtroup64
02-28-2012, 10:39 AM
Thought I cant get updates unless I'm un-rooted? Just got the update notification few moment ago. No intention to update through.

I would freeze that updater if I were you anyways. Just in case.

jeems
02-28-2012, 10:49 AM

You can get them, they most likely won't install successfully though.

Certain roms remove the update apk so a lot of rooted folks don't see updates. You can also do this yourself, there is a video floating around somewhere. Or freeze like dtroup suggested.

Sokyoku
03-01-2012, 07:07 AM
Certain roms remove the update apk so a lot of rooted folks don't see updates. You can also do this yourself, there is a video floating around somewhere. Or freeze like dtroup suggested.

This update is annoying... It appears every 12 hours, no way around it other than rooting and freeze it or using ROM. I just added the updater to my frozen list.

I've never used ROM before but I'll look into that once the finial exams are done.

jeems
03-01-2012, 03:45 PM
I've never used ROM before but I'll look into that once the finial exams are done.

Careful, it's addicting:) And we still have some great roms considering the phone is supposed to be dead.

Zap!
03-07-2012, 03:45 PM
It still didn't fix the mass texting bug that has been in effect since an update around a year ago. Let's say I want to mass text 15 people for a card game. It used to be when I press the "+" (new text message button), and then touch "To", it would go into my contacts and I can select multiple people, then I pressed "Done" and then "Send". Now when I touch "To", it gives me "suggested" friends and just lists three. I have to type in a friend's name, and I don't want that. Will it ever come back?

fantomn89
03-13-2012, 11:52 AM
is they a root for droidx gb .621

DirtyDroid
03-13-2012, 11:54 AM
No, not yet

Sent from my Droid X

Airbear
03-22-2012, 04:53 AM
Sent from my XT603 using Droid X Forums

casper55117
03-24-2012, 03:20 AM
is they a root for droidx gb .621 yep there is. sbf using linux method (if you use rds lite it will flash your radio and cause problems) to the milestone .604 and root from there