PDA

View Full Version : Box.net Giving Away 50GB of Cloud Storage to Android Users

Garemlin
02-23-2012, 06:31 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/715B%2BaNW1PL._SL500_AA300_.png

From now until March 23rd Box.net is giving away 50GB of free cloud storage to Android users. The steps are easy, simply download the app, log in or create a new account and enjoy your 50GB of online storage.

Download box.net (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.box.android&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5ib 3guYW5kcm9pZCJd)

1KDS
02-23-2012, 06:38 PM
Wow! That's a ton of storage, signing up now!

Nemo aeternamn
02-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Awesome... That's insane.. I'm signing up now

"I'll get you my little pretty... and your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

DirtyDroid
02-23-2012, 07:05 PM
Ditto, insane

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BHuber09
02-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Doesn't work for me.
I took the Sony Ericson 50Gb of storage so I assume that's why.
Haha I was hoping for 100 but hey 50 is crazy!

FreeMyMoto!!!

nemosfate
02-23-2012, 07:52 PM
Doesn't work for me.
I took the Sony Ericson 50Gb of storage so I assume that's why.
Haha I was hoping for 100 but hey 50 is crazy!

FreeMyMoto!!!

So did...couldn't remember what Co. it was though lol .. I was hoping for 100 also!

Graphics Team @ Android Creative Syndicate

stryker
02-23-2012, 10:34 PM
I signed up. Yeah i got 50 gigs for free, but you can't upload big files. Says you need to upgrade. That's bunk ass hell! pretty much you can store some photos and some songs. Which isn't bad, i was hoping i could put all the roms i have on there. But they are to big unless i upgrade. i put them all on minus. They gave me 10 gigs for free. Its a pretty good service. I like it as much as dropbox. So i now have dropbox, minus, and now a box account. I'm ready for the apocalypse now!

=(.stryker.originals.miui)=

jwalz
02-23-2012, 10:46 PM
I signed up. Yeah i got 50 gigs for free, but you can't upload big files. Says you need to upgrade. That's bunk ass hell! pretty much you can store some photos and some songs. Which isn't bad, i was hoping i could put all the roms i have on there. But they are to big unless i upgrade. i put them all on minus. They gave me 10 gigs for free. Its a pretty good service. I like it as much as dropbox. So i now have dropbox, minus, and now a box account. I'm ready for the apocalypse now!

Maybe you could use it for all your themes stryker? They might be small enough give it a shot

this is just lin-sanity

hyperx2002
02-23-2012, 11:01 PM
Anyone figure out how to select multiple photos for upload from the android gallery?

mhans311
02-23-2012, 11:25 PM
I don't think I would ever use it with the 100mb size limit.

stryker
02-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Maybe you could use it for all your themes stryker? They might be small enough give it a shot

this is just lin-sanity

I guess. I use zippyshare for my themes. I get unlimited space for uploads and unlimited for downloads. And it has a built in counter. I was hosting my files from dopbox. I would shut my computer off and people would not be able to download my themes, i had the themes in the public folder too. It was weird so i switched to zippyshare. I use dopbox all the time. My new box account will come in handy one day!!

jeems
02-24-2012, 10:44 AM
I'm giving this a shot. Certainly can't hurt and I hate the changes dropbox made to their app.

stryker
02-24-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm giving this a shot. Certainly can't hurt and I hate the changes dropbox made to their app.

Yeah, i like the old dropbox app better. But i have figured out the new one so its good. The box app is really good, layout wise. Its really easy to use. All my themes upload. I just want to store all the different roms i have collected so i have them all at anytime. But you can host your themes on box for people to use. WHich is awesome!! I will keep this on stand by though for sure. I'm trying not to have my stuff scattered on a bunch of different apps. But box is a keeper.

Wrapped
02-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Could you not break the files up in smaller rar or zip files?

And thanks a ton for the tip!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

stryker
02-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Could you not break the files up in smaller rar or zip files?

And thanks a ton for the tip!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

I bet you could, but i don't think there is a way to assemble them in the box app back into 1 zip.

bsbabcock
02-24-2012, 12:43 PM
A big thanks!