PDA

View Full Version : DX Serenity?

glshub
02-20-2012, 07:35 PM
My son wanted me to come look at his new Milestone X. I picked it up and looked to see what Android Ver it was. It was froyo. It said DroidX. I looked and it wss a Milestone X. Someone had put DX Serenity on it and turned it into a Droid X. The phone works on Bluegrass Cellular. I thought if you loaded something like that the radio would screw up.

I would LOVE to have that on mine. How did they do that? He said when Bluegrass Cellular turned it on he got some strange looks. It makes what I have on my Milestone X using Gingerbread look generic.

Help!

Sent from my Milestone X using Droid X Forums

BHuber09
02-20-2012, 07:50 PM
You want a theme?
I think i can help with that some haha

Nemo aeternamn
02-20-2012, 07:57 PM
From what I've read... With a milestone x... you can use a dx rom on one.. You just have to be careful installing it

"I'll get you my little pretty... and your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

BHuber09
02-20-2012, 08:12 PM
^He nor DXF is responsible for what you do to your phone though haha.
So be safe if you are gonna try one as there is no sbf

Nemo aeternamn
02-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Ah... Good idea B....haha... Thanks for that

BHuber09
02-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Haha yeah figured id throw something in there hahahah.

FreeMyMoto!!!

glshub
02-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Yes, actually I would like for it to not be so bland.

glshub
02-20-2012, 08:43 PM
From what I've read... With a milestone x... you can use a dx rom on one.. You just have to be careful installing it

As in changing lines to not effect the antenna or radio?

BHuber09
02-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Well if you install a 602 or 605 roms then it wont change the radio. However do not install a .340 or. 596 because those radios are outdated. And if you change the radio it could cause problems however I do not know this for sure.

FreeMyMoto!!!

glshub
02-21-2012, 06:36 AM
Well if you install a 602 or 605 roms then it wont change the radio. However do not install a .340 or. 596 because those radios are outdated. And if you change the radio it could cause problems however I do not know this for sure.

FreeMyMoto!!!

Don't take this wrong but that's the problem... The fact that I keep hearing the "I don't know this for sure"

My son talkd to the guy that ROMed the phone last night. He said he put "dark slide" on it. Said he would put it on mine but there was a chance he could brick it. Evidently he did brick his wife' Milestone X. They both went back to i phones. That's why he sold my son the Milestone. He just wanted to me to understand that since there is no sbf for our carrier there is a chance of trashing it.

Guess I will stick with what I have. I really really liked the look and speed of the ROM that was on that phone. It was very colorful and fast. Not to mention it was Froyo not Gingerbread (I just do not like Gingerbread)

glshub
02-21-2012, 06:37 AM

Exactly what do you mean you have to be careful installing it?

BHuber09
02-21-2012, 07:13 AM
Exactly what do you mean you have to be careful installing it?

Meaning read up and understand everything about the rom. Make sure all they system installs line up with what you have in your phone and go to other forums and see if anyone over there night be in or was in the same situation. <- that would be best.

FreeMyMoto!!!

glshub
02-21-2012, 07:29 AM
Meaning read up and understand everything about the rom. Make sure all they system installs line up with what you have in your phone and go to other forums and see if anyone over there night be in or was in the same situation. <- that would be best.

FreeMyMoto!!!

Ok.
Thanks

glshub
03-02-2012, 09:04 PM
I know the ROM I want can be installed. Just don't know if it can after the OTA Gingerbread had been taken. I also don't know enough about it to run a checklist of compatabilities.

I have read for a month. I still know it can be done but just don't know well enough to try it.

I guess I never will.....