PDA

View Full Version : CM7 dx2 wont go into CM7 BSR

shagg9
02-20-2012, 09:50 AM
I flashed cm7.2 on my dx2 with zero hiccups. All is perfect (minus a couple random force closes) and I love it! I decided to clean up my phone and do a nandroid backup yesterday. After 3-4 fails, I'm curious why my cm7 recovery wont enter BSR. I'm quite fluent I'm flashing and sbf-ing ,so this is not new to me. Did I mess up somehow? Thanks Troy

Sent from my cm7dx2 using Droid X Forums

victimssun
02-20-2012, 11:34 AM
There's a special cm7 recovery that's need. It should be in your app drawer, called "CM7 System Recovery"

shagg9
02-21-2012, 09:52 PM
I have attempted to use only the cm7 BSR. I open it, install, recovery and then it shuts off. I wait for it to reboot, but nothing... it stays turned off. I power it on and get normal boot screen /normal operation. I'm a lil confused now. Any suggestions? ??
Sent from my cm7dx2 using Droid X Forums

imodipods
02-21-2012, 11:20 PM
I actually had a similar problem this morning. I tried everything but finally what worked for me was to have it connected to the charger when I tried to start BSR. I know it says it doesn't need to be plugged in but for some reason, mine will only load BSR when it is plugged into the charger.
Hope this resolves your issue too.

victimssun
02-22-2012, 07:36 AM
It must be plugged into the the wall before starting up bsr and installing/restarting. If not, it won't enter bsr. I dont know why it says you don't need to plug it in.

Nemo aeternamn
02-22-2012, 01:46 PM
It must be plugged into the the wall before starting up bsr and installing/restarting. If not, it won't enter bsr. I dont know why it says you don't need to plug it in.

It's because of some... I have the basic idea...
Because of where some of the stuff is... If you didn't have it plugged into the wall... The screen wouldn't come on

"I'll get you my little pretty... and your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

unimatrix725
02-25-2012, 01:52 AM
I do believe it was stated with the rom itself and when you open cm7 bsr (Small Print with direction). Install cm bsr, open cm7 bsr, click install (Skip if you already did), plug cable into wall not computer, etc., click reboot and bsr will hijack charger and then you have the bsr menu. If you clean cache partition I think it also wipes out the bsr also. After I installed it whenever I reboot or power up phone with it plugged into the wall the bsr always opens. This kind of nice but annoying, considering from my experience the phone charges faster with it off. CPU Master does help a little with the charging profile, however that could just be from me being used to it working great on my (Now Bricked) SE X10.

mindlike
10-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Yeah the easiest way is follow these 5 steps...

1. RSD Lite and SBF to VRZ_MB870_4.5.1A-DTN-150-30_1FF_01.sbf
2. Then after that install any of the latest OneClick rootkits, I used Easy rooting toolkit (v4.0) created by DooMLoRD
3. Then install the MOTODX2_Bootstrap_signed.apk (must)
4. Then install cm-10-20121007-UNOFFICIAL-daytona.zip via CM7-signed BSR above.
5. Then install truth77's Jellybean gapps and supergapps.zip via MOTODX2_Bootstrap-CM7-signed.apk's BSR.

And of course this all must be done while plugged into AC adapter (only).
* Mindlike