PDA

View Full Version : Performance enhancing options for rooted Droid X2...

Murph
02-17-2012, 05:52 PM
I rooted my phone recently and flashed Eclipse 2.0.4. I was running Android 2.3.4, I believe... Now it says Android 2.3.5

Anyway, I decided to root because it was lagging and I was tired of the look and feel of my phone, not what it could do dont get me wrong. I overclocked it with the Rom Toolbox app and that made it feel a lot smoother. I didnt even need my task manager anymore (I still have it just in case). I had tried the V6 supercharger but I didnt understand it and I couldnt tell it was doing anything so I quit. Now I want to try to make my apps run just as smooth as my phone does now, so that it is fast and smooth all around. Id also like to keep it fast as well. Could some one explain to me what these values are and what they mean and how I can tweak them? (and what for if I am wrong)

The supercharger script may have been a bad choice, Ive read there are others. Can anyone help me with this?

PS: I remember reading somewhere that you could turn a partition of your sd card into memory. Would this do anything about the speed of the apps?

repoman1373
02-19-2012, 11:04 PM
I rooted my phone recently and flashed Eclipse 2.0.4. I was running Android 2.3.4, I believe... Now it says Android 2.3.5

Anyway, I decided to root because it was lagging and I was tired of the look and feel of my phone, not what it could do dont get me wrong. I overclocked it with the Rom Toolbox app and that made it feel a lot smoother. I didnt even need my task manager anymore (I still have it just in case). I had tried the V6 supercharger but I didnt understand it and I couldnt tell it was doing anything so I quit. Now I want to try to make my apps run just as smooth as my phone does now, so that it is fast and smooth all around. Id also like to keep it fast as well. Could some one explain to me what these values are and what they mean and how I can tweak them? (and what for if I am wrong)

The supercharger script may have been a bad choice, Ive read there are others. Can anyone help me with this?

PS: I remember reading somewhere that you could turn a partition of your sd card into memory. Would this do anything about the speed of the apps?
I am sorry my friend but you did not overclock your X2 the bootloader is locked it is IMPOSSIBLE to overclock at this time.. I guess the excitement of overclocking made it seem faster

repoman1373
02-19-2012, 11:07 PM
What you can do is use Speedyscript and SD-FLIP/FLOP WHICH CAN BE FOUND IN THE FORUMS WITH INSTRUCTIONS IT WILL HELP ALOT WITH SPPED AND PERFORMANCE

Nemo aeternamn
02-19-2012, 11:09 PM
I am sorry my friend but you did not overclock your X2 the bootloader is locked it is IMPOSSIBLE to overclock at this time.. I guess the excitement of overclocking made it seem faster

he may have just set the governor higher... so it doesn't scale down so far... maybe?

Murph
02-19-2012, 11:15 PM
I have no idea, im semi new to DROID mods so Ive only rooted and flashed eclipse and I have rom toolbox. I changed my boot animation too and that was sweet. But there was a tab with cpu sliders under performance and I thought 'hmmm :)' and I slid it up to 1000 mhz max and about half min. But there is however a clear diff in performance when you slide it up or down. Why is this you think?

And thanks! Ive been lookin for ways to keep it smooth. Ill testify, my DROID x2 BEFORE, was windows me slow at times and vista at best haha

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

Murph
02-19-2012, 11:19 PM
he may have just set the governor higher... so it doesn't scale down so far... maybe?

I had two options while on that screen I mentioned above, governor mode performance and one other. Which one do you think I chose lol. Ill try to find an easy to use screen shot app and upload the screens here.

Nemo aeternamn
02-19-2012, 11:21 PM
I have no idea, im semi new to DROID mods so Ive only rooted and flashed eclipse and I have rom toolbox. I changed my boot animation too and that was sweet. But there was a tab with cpu sliders under performance and I thought 'hmmm :)' and I slid it up to 1000 mhz max and about half min. But there is however a clear diff in performance when you slide it up or down. Why is this you think?

And thanks! Ive been lookin for ways to keep it smooth. Ill testify, my DROID x2 BEFORE, was windows me slow at times and vista at best haha

alright.. so ya... all you did was change the minimum speed of the processor... so that's also going to draw on your battery life.. i'd suggest if you have the governor already set to performance... try installing the speedy script over at xda in the x2 dev section

Murph
02-19-2012, 11:26 PM
Thanks a ton guys, im gonna try that. Ill post how it turns out soon.

Nemo aeternamn
02-19-2012, 11:36 PM
sounds good.... any other questions... feel free to ask murph

tomsg321
10-08-2012, 08:13 PM
I've been meaning to register an account here for months now, and finally got the initiative to just so that i could post here, for one i've never used speedy script nor sd flip/ flop so i have no real input there.... However i am slightly experienced with v6 and can testify that if you run it correctly and have the correct v6 update it will do wonders for your speed. Plus all of the tweaks are run at boot, yet because they can be baked into your rom you don't sacrifice boot time. Rom toolbox is a great customization tool, and if you have pro, you can install the themes for cm7 by don't panic into your eclipse rom. Ive done it and am running elipse v2.3. most of the theme components work great, excluding the dialer themes and a couple menu options. The startup logos that i have tried usually just fail completely and it pulls up stock Motorola. However be careful with them because one that i installed bootlooped me on reboot and i had to sbf=/ The boot animations are sick and with the right app you can make your own boot animations from .gif's and .jpg's then you can install them with metamorph or ninjamorph if you fave read enough forums and believe you know what you're doing=p Happy Flashing!!