PDA

View Full Version : Mods or different rom

vetteracer79
02-16-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm new at this stuff as I'm sure some of u have already seen. I've tried a couple different roms. I like the lock and unlock features and animation of liquid along with the notification bar options. I like having Verizon backup assistant which I tried getting from market on liquid... can't find it. Is there a way to get specific attributes of certain Roms on rooted Gb. 605 or can I not have my cake and eat it too? Btw there are alot of things I like about liquid. Just a couple things I don't. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

BHuber09
02-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Nope sorry roms get rid of moto blur and Verizon apps.

FreeMyMoto!!!

Nemo aeternamn
02-16-2012, 05:41 PM
If you sync your contracts threw Google... You'll have no need for the Verizon back up assistant

"I'll get you my little pretty... and your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

vetteracer79
02-16-2012, 07:01 PM
I don't really know how to manually sync. I signed in to Google but not all of my contacts are there. Like my mothers email and such are there but not her phone number. Not that I don't know it... lol My fiance's info is good and a bunch of other people. But not all. Is there something I'm missing?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Nemo aeternamn
02-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Check (on your phone: under settings/accounts and sync/Google and tell it to sync there

"I'll get you my little pretty... and your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

nemosfate
02-16-2012, 10:04 PM
You can do it the long way around to get all contacts back...but you will have to flash back to a ROM that will use VZW backup assistant and sync then all to your phone... Then go into settings and accounts and make them sync to your Google account... from then on you're golden

Graphics Team @ Android Creative Syndicate

Murph
02-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Can anyone give me advice about freezing and or deleting apps on my phone for speed? I know people do this, and for this purpose I believe and I think its called freezing bloatware (clever). I dont wanna delete anything important though, What should I get rid of to strip the phone down to a lean quick ROM. and also, does anyone know how to tweak all the values in the minfree memory manager apps? I can see how that would be a good thing to know, if I knew what they all meant and what they controlled. Many, Many thanks to everyone who helps, and hopefully this will help other people who are wondering the same things I am. (hopefully Im not the only guy out there tha doesnt know these things yet. lol)

Falling in love with Android every day and with every thing I learn about it :)