PDA

View Full Version : 3500mAh battery not lasting as it should...

Smittys
02-15-2012, 09:00 PM
I got this battery on saturday and it had 50% charge so I completely drained it an charged it up to 100% and drained it again and repeated this 4 times. I have 40% battery right now with the phone on for 15 hours with 3hrs screen on time. I feel like I should be getting much more out of this battery. I dont do much browsing, but I check twitter occasionally and I send around 800 - 1000 texts per day. Am I getting good battery life? Is texting killing my battery?

jun991013
02-15-2012, 09:05 PM
I got this battery on saturday and it had 50% charge so I completely drained it an charged it up to 100% and drained it again and repeated this 4 times. I have 40% battery right now with the phone on for 15 hours with 3hrs screen on time. I feel like I should be getting much more out of this battery. I dont do much browsing, but I check twitter occasionally and I send around 800 - 1000 texts per day. Am I getting good battery life? Is texting killing my battery?

Whoah! Dude that is a lot of battery life 15 hours???? That's insane! I get about 8 hours tops with blur!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Smittys
02-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Were my expectations too high? I forgot to say I'm on a droid incredible, but I used my X until last week and the incredible forums blow so hard because no one looks at them. Besides this is a battery question so its pretty generic. I feel like a loser saying I send that many texts a day, but what can I say, I have a lot of friends and this is how my generation communicates besides being in person.

jun991013
02-15-2012, 09:15 PM
I have a 1880mah battery. 8hours red mark. Slight gps usage a lot of facebook 50 texts and some browsing.

jun991013
02-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Acctually I got some info that a guy got 50 hrs with 3500 mah try getting juice defender?

Smittys
02-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Hmmm that doesn't sound too good! I used to be able to push 12 hours out of my 1880 with screen brightness on lowest with 3g off most of the time and GPS off on Liberty3. I guess I am getting good battery life cosidering it will probably hang at 30% for an hour...idk I feel like its not as good as I expected.

sd_shadow
02-24-2012, 12:34 AM
I found with my 2800mah battery, that my Droid 2 global doesn't know how much power is left
so I use battery left app which is a little better
have you let the phone run till battery is dead once, not real good for battery, but you don't really know, till it's really dead

Shawnmooney2
02-24-2012, 08:39 AM
i have the 1880 battery from verizon store, i average 40 hours per battery, currently at 25 hours and have 60% on this session, so today is pretty good, i noticed the biggest factor for me was the display brightness, i keep it on like 25%... the 3500 battery didnt last nearly as long as the 1880 does, i think it has something to do with not being OEM and how cheap theyre made

glshub
03-02-2012, 06:01 AM
I am a heavy user, I am on the net, forums, maybe 60 texts, 20-30 emails and I get 10 or so hours from my 3500. I only get a few hours out of the stock X battery.

The 3500 gorrila gadgets battery is the best $30 I have spent lately. Wouldn't be without it.

I use battery manager from the mkt. I have it on voltage based and it works very well. My stock battery monitor is useless when using the big battery. It says its dead hours before it actually is.

These phones are battery hogs to say the very least. I know the 3500s are confusing when it comes to keeping up with the true amount of time left but I don't mind the confusion when I get more than triple the run time. I have had mine for going on a year and it has dropped a little, very little, as far as length of charge. So not only do I get aot more run time it has lasted much better than expected.

As for the OEM extended ones. They are only a very small amount larger and are outrageously priced. I, personally wouldn't waste my money on them. I

Sent from my Milestone X using Droid X Forums

primetime
03-23-2012, 03:40 PM
25349 Maybe I'm just lucky with my 1800mah battery

Oh and btw, from what I have read.... Completely discharging lithium battery's actually damages them:shocked:

glshub
03-24-2012, 11:52 AM

Oh and btw, from what I have read.... Completely discharging lithium battery's actually damages them:shocked:

I am no battery expert but I read everywhere people saying to discharge till they shut off then charge overnight. They say that helps the battery.

Like I said, I dont know. Wish someone did and would get this straightened out. I sure don't want to damage a battery if I can help it.

primetime
03-25-2012, 12:41 AM
Google it if ya don't believe me.......i thought they would be the same as nicads....but apparently there not (lol first thing i did was fully charge and drain mine also...then i found out it was bad idea:omg:)

One of the worst things you can do to a Li-ion battery is to run it out completely all the time. Full discharges put a lot of strain on the battery, and it's much better practice to do shallow discharges to no lower than 20 percent. In a way, this is like people running for exercise— running a few miles a day is fine, but running a marathon every day is generally not sustainable. If your Li-ion powered device is running out of juice on a daily basis, you're decreasing its overall useful lifespan, and should probably work some charging stations into your day or change your devices' settings so that it's not churning through its battery so quickly.

Avoid fully discharging a lithium-ion battery! Unlike Ni-Cd batteries, lithium-ion batteries' life is shortened every time you fully discharge them. Instead, charge them when the battery meter shows one bar left. Lithium-ion batteries, like most rechargeable batteries, have a set number of charges in them.

just one of several articles
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2011/02/ask-ars-what-is-the-best-way-to-use-an-li-ion-battery.ars
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Your-Cell-Phone-Battery-Last-Longer (http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2011/02/ask-ars-what-is-the-best-way-to-use-an-li-ion-battery.ars)

glshub
03-26-2012, 07:59 AM
Google it if ya don't believe me.......i thought they would be the same as nicads....but apparently there not (lol first thing i did was fully charge and drain mine also...then i found out it was bad idea:omg:)

just one of several articles
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2011/02/ask-ars-what-is-the-best-way-to-use-an-li-ion-battery.ars
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Your-Cell-Phone-Battery-Last-Longer (http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2011/02/ask-ars-what-is-the-best-way-to-use-an-li-ion-battery.ars)

Didn't say I didn't believe you. Just had read so many places on Android forums that it was something that improved battery life that I guess I believed it. I guess I should research more and quit believing things I read on Android forums. I don't believe everything I read by any means but when so many people say the exact same thing it just seemed reasonable to me...

Like and learn... In this case read and learn by making mistakes.

Sent from my Milestone X using Droid X Forums

OtivehtX
04-30-2012, 10:39 AM

you are correct with this. Lithium batteries never want to be below 30% if you can help it.

glshub
05-01-2012, 06:55 AM
Wish people hadn't pushed cycling the batteries all the way down. I did it at first then at least monthly on my first GG battery. I got about a year on it before it started to only hold about 70% as long as when it was new. It still is/was amazingly better than stock. I bought a new one and have only let it run all the way down 2-3 times. I am going to bet it lasts even longer than the first one. With that said, I have to say that the small amount paid for the battery is worth every penny. It completely changes the phones ability to be able to actually use it instead of just always having to worry about where the next charge will come from. I am an outside type and, unlike some, am not always around a place where I can plug in a charger. I would never even dream of not having a 3500. I like to use my phone.. Not having to always worry about it going dead. To me the junk batteries that come with the phone is the biggest negative in the smartphone world. oEM batteries are a joke at best. When buying a new phone the first thing I look at is whether or not there is an extended battery available for it. Just my 2 cents.