PDA

View Full Version : ROM Manager Wont Flash ClockworkMod Recovery

TehALF
02-13-2012, 10:03 PM
I just had to use an SBF to get my droid x to run gingerbread but now I'm running the 2.3.3 OTA. I'm trying to install Liberty 3 v2.0 but I can't because ROM Manager wont flash ClockworkMod Recovery. I've looked for fixes to this all over but I can't find anything that will work.

Here is everything I've done:
Rooted
Have superuser
Tried using Droid X bootstrapper
Tried using Droid 2 bootstrapper
Tried using ROM Manager to flash the Droid X, Droid X (2nd-init), and Droid 2 versions

When I reboot my phone and hold the home button it just takes me to the default(blue) Android system recovery menu after I press both the volume buttons. I have even tried pulling out my battery during boot to try to get into the recovery menu but no success.

I don't know what else to try so any suggestions would be really helpful!
Thanks

cory46
02-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Have you used droid 2 bootstrap and hit bootstrap recovery once it says success then hit reboot recovery? Didn't see it listed in your post

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TehALF
02-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Just tried it again and it still doesn't work. I click bootstrap recovery and it says success! then when I click reboot recovery nothing happens. Same thing happens with Droid X and Droid 2 bootstraps.

cory46
02-13-2012, 10:15 PM
Ok try this. Go to the market see if you can update superuser(update may not be available). Then hit bootstrap recovery in bootstrap then open Rom manager and select reboot recovery

cory46
02-13-2012, 10:19 PM
O and open up the super user app see if it gave it super user permissions to any of the bootstraps

TehALF
02-13-2012, 10:21 PM
I was able to update superuser but now it looks weird and empty. Still didn't work though.

TehALF
02-13-2012, 10:24 PM
When I open it up now it's just a white page with some text instead of how it used to look. When I uninstall the update though it doesn't list any of those apps as having superuser permissions

cory46
02-13-2012, 10:28 PM
If no apps are listed open bootstrap hit bootstrap recovery then ok when the pop up comes up to allow

Nemo aeternamn
02-13-2012, 10:30 PM
On liberty 3 you shouldn't need bootstrap... You should be able to long press power... Then click reboot then reboot recovery

"I'll get you my little pretty... and your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

popcenator
02-13-2012, 10:32 PM
You may have to force stop the recovery app and reopen it to get the prompt.

on the move..

TehALF
02-13-2012, 10:32 PM
The usual popup never appears. Normally ROM Toolbox is listed under apps with permission or pops up a window but now it's not. I uninstalled the update for superuser because when I tried to run it after updating it looked really weird. The popup never shows up with either the updated version or the old one.

cory46
02-13-2012, 10:35 PM
On liberty 3 you shouldn't need bootstrap... You should be able to long press power... Then click reboot then reboot recovery

"I'll get you my little pretty... and your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

On stock trying to get into liberty ;)

If any of the suggestions I laid out above didn't work I'm going on a limb and say the 2nd init through Rom manager flash bonked your recovery.

Fix:
You'll need a root file browser (like root explorer or similar) navigate to
/preinstall/app
And delete any apps there you don't use (like need for speed) then you should be able to get into clockwork

cory46
02-13-2012, 10:36 PM
The usual popup never appears. Normally ROM Toolbox is listed under apps with permission or pops up a window but now it's not. I uninstalled the update for superuser because when I tried to run it after updating it looked really weird. The popup never shows up with either the updated version or the old one.

Reboot your phone. The update changed the look of the superuser app that's all

TehALF
02-13-2012, 10:45 PM
I rebooted my phone after updating but I'm still not getting the superuser requests for anything anymore. I reinstalled the programs too and they're not getting superuser. I think my phone might have lost root somehow so I'll try to reroot it using MotorolaOneClickRoot again. Is there another program I should use to get root instead?

cory46
02-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Get root checker from the market to check first.

Did you open the apps for them to get permissions?

popcenator
02-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Good Root Checker from the market. It'll tell you if you're rooted or not.

on the move..

TehALF
02-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Root Checker says I don't have root access anymore and MotorolaOneClickRoot cant find my phone anymore. Is there a better program to use to get root?

popcenator
02-13-2012, 10:53 PM
I use Pete's Motorola tool or ZergRush is another good one.

on the move..

cory46
02-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Zergrush may work. You uninstalling the update may have done that ( removed root) Zergrush : http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=499148

If that doesn't work (Zergrush) then you'll either have to remove old superuser bin through a terminal / command prompt or sbf your phone if you want root

TehALF
02-13-2012, 11:15 PM
Pete's Motorola Tool worked and I got root back. I don't know how I lost root in the first place though. Now everything's working and I got into clockwork recovery. Thanks guys. What version of clockwork should I have flashed though? I didn't do the 2nd-init but I'm not sure what that is/how would I know if I had it?

popcenator
02-13-2012, 11:17 PM
Just flash the Droid X version. You won't need 2nd Init unless you're on CM7.

on the move..