PDA

View Full Version : VOIP on ICS

Mike7143
02-07-2012, 07:45 PM
So I stumbled upon settings for VOIP and SIP accounts in EncounterICS. I've been a long time user of Sipdroid when on Gingerbread using Google Talk. Here is how to get your SIP account going.

Go to dialer.
Hit the menu button>settings
At the bottom hit accounts under SIP.
Add a new account.

When adding a new SIP account, use the following:
Username: name-200
Password: password (same password in the extensions page at pbxes.org which MAY be same password for logging into pbxes.org)
Server: pbxes.org
Set as primary account: checked

That's it. Don't mess with the other settings. Save settings and it should register and be set to go.

Thanks to Snow02 who helped me get it working!

Mike7143
02-07-2012, 08:01 PM
I found this guide HERE (http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/make-free-wi-fi-voip-voice-calls-with-android-guide/) but I can't seem to get it to work. I have Voice on the phone and am logged in with my dedicated google account for Talk/Voice. Hmm...

jun991013
02-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Probably cause the mike dosent work.

Sent from my PD_Novel using Tapatalk

Mike7143
02-07-2012, 08:17 PM
It should still say it's logged in and ready though. It shouldn't know that the mic is having issues unless you actively try and use it to place a call. Even then, it may still work... I can still place regular phone calls.

Mike7143
02-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Updated OP with settings. I was able to get it registered and it says receiving calls, however; I can't actually receive any calls. I don't know if that's because there's an error with EncounterICS and the mic or if it's my personal settings that are messed up somewhere else. Perhaps someone else can try and report back!

grimloch
02-11-2012, 10:47 AM
I think Gingerbread has the SIP account settings. I've had it working on my thunderbolt set as follows:

Username: pbxusername-200
Password: pbxes pw
Server: 188.40.65.148
Authentication username: left blank
Display name: left blank
Outbound proxy address: left blank
Port number: 36999
Transport type: TCP
Send keep-alive: Always send
Keep-alive interval: 119
Sip User-Agent: left blank

Used this as a guide: Getting Started - PBXes (http://www4.pbxes.com/wiki/index.php/Getting_Started)

Mike7143
02-11-2012, 04:27 PM
From what I can tell, EncounterICS has working voip but the lack of mic support makes it useless. I can send/receive calls but there's no sound. When I try using Sipdroid that's always worked on GB, it just immediately hangs up on both outgoing/incoming calls.