PDA

View Full Version : Flashing CM7 got really stuck.

Shadowstrike099
02-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Ok so its been a while since I've been on the forum. I saw that Cyanogen had finally come to the X2 so I decided to give it a shot. I did a complete sbf and got my phone back to 2.3.4. I downloaded all the cyanogen stuff did the recovery and hit bootup. Now I don't know if this is just an excessively long install or what.

but my phone says "droid" then shows the little bionic eye thing, and then droids again and starts all over. Its been doing this droid loop for almost a half hour. battery rips don't help and it wont connect to my computer either.

Any idea on how to fix this? or at least get my phone back to functioning?

Shadowstrike099
02-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Also I'm going to class for and hour or so and i'll be letting my X2 droid itself to death or miraculously boot itself up

victimssun
02-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Pull the battery, go to system recovery, wipe cache. and reboot. Should get you out of that boot loop.

Shadowstrike099
02-10-2012, 10:08 PM
hey thanks for the tip i tried it and for some reason that didn't fix it but I did eventually solve the problem.

For anyone else who lands in this predicament you need to wipe your SD card (removing it from the phone may work too not sure) I think this prevented it from trying to use the CM7 zips. Then connect and SBF it immediately. If it fails just restart it again. It took me 3 SBF to get it to work. And finally my phone was back to stock and booted up.

Hopes this helps anyone else!

bolski
02-12-2012, 09:40 AM
hey thanks for the tip i tried it and for some reason that didn't fix it but I did eventually solve the problem.

For anyone else who lands in this predicament you need to wipe your SD card (removing it from the phone may work too not sure) I think this prevented it from trying to use the CM7 zips. Then connect and SBF it immediately. If it fails just restart it again. It took me 3 SBF to get it to work. And finally my phone was back to stock and booted up.

Hopes this helps anyone else!

No need to wipe your sd card.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

DX2Trip
02-12-2012, 09:09 PM
So I am thinking CM7 is looking pretty nice right now. Eclipse is Jumpin but I don't like how un-customizable it is. Eclipse tools barely has anything to work with. I recently saw a youtube of CM7 and the settings looked/sounded great. My problem is. I had to flash the leaked 2.3.5 android version to gain my root access. So if I am reading correctly you have to be rooted on 2.3.4? If so how do you do that? Will I need to SBF and loose what root I have? Also, the flashing of the ROM shouldnt be much different or more difficult then what I've already accomplished? Thanks for the much needed answeres before I proceed with this action I might journey myself on.

Sent from my DROID X2 running Eclipse v2.0.4