PDA

View Full Version : Rooted Droid X hangs on blank screen using Droid X Bootstrap

netized
02-07-2012, 10:10 AM
I couldn't quite find a thread that addressed this- I was trying to do a nandroid backup using Droid X bootstrap. Bootstrap recovery went through to "OK" and then hung on a blank screen after I hit "reboot recovery". I had to pull the batt. and reboot to recover the phone. I have a stock GB .605 with no prev. mods. I also have clockworkmod installed, but the posts seem to favor bootstrap. How can I get past the blank screen to do a nandroid backup? I don't want to try a new rom until I get this step right.

savagerun
02-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Just go in settings > applications > development and make sure usb debugging is unchecked then it should work.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

netized
02-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Thanks- it worked but now I am stuck on the APEX logo during the boot after flashing the rom. Any ideas?

Nemo aeternamn
02-07-2012, 01:33 PM
What version of apex did you flash?
What steps did you do when you installed it?

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

BHuber09
02-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Try wiping data through stock recovery. If that doesn't work you'll have to sbf.

FreeMyMoto!!!

netized
02-07-2012, 01:55 PM
I just tried stock recovery- can't get past the exclamation screen by using the search button- an I stuck with sbf? I flashed rc4 of apex

Nemo aeternamn
02-07-2012, 01:57 PM
I just tried stock recovery- can't get past the exclamation screen by using the search button- an I stuck with sbf? I flashed rc4 of apex

In gingerbread you need to press both volume buttons....
What was your install process?

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

netized
02-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Thanks- i wiped data and cache and came up in successful APEX- a very weird way to get there but...
You de MAN Nemo!