PDA

View Full Version : X2 on CM7 freezing

SeanHaley
02-06-2012, 08:47 PM
First off Id ike to say hello to everyone. I am new owner of a X2 and very new to making mods to my phone.
Ive read almost every post and video I could find to root and install a custom ROM, after two weeks I taught myself how to do both.

Im currently running CM7 with the idea that it would fix the problem I was having with the stock set up. Unfortunatly it did not.

The issue Im having is that the phone at random will freeze no matter if im using the keyboard, using an app or surfing the web. That being said if I do a soft restart and resume what I was doing, it will work fine for a bit. So im wondering if there is something im missing?
While im on the subject of ROMs. I have no problem going back to stock as I find CM7 just too stripped down for my liking and does not seem faster than stock if that will fix the issue.

My inexperience my be partially to blame but I believe Im doing everything correctly.

Any insite would be greatly appeciated.
Thank you

Sean

meskes
02-07-2012, 04:18 AM
I'm sorry you're not fully satisfied with CM7. I personally find it WORLDS faster than motoblur. Its also a hell of a lot more reliable. It most certainly has completely solved every issuer I'd been having on this device. To me, it's more than worth the trivial amount of work in getting it installed and configured. With regards to the freezing I have a question and a thought ... Did you make sure you wiped the Dalvik and system cache? And, barring that, I wonder if you might not have a hardware issue causing your freezing ... at the moment that's all I can think of.

Sent from my MB870 using Droid X Forums

silver04v
02-07-2012, 05:34 AM
Either hardware issue or an app causing the issue. Did it freeze when you first moved to cm7? Or only start after apps were restored?

Coming from my smartass wizard MIUI. Speeding right along on 2012.2.1!

victimssun
02-07-2012, 07:38 AM
^ . Yea, it's possible it's an app that's causing the issue. I'd recommend, flashing cm7 again, without installing any other apps, for about 12 hours, see if it still happens. If so, it sounds hardware related.

Thoughts towards flashing a new rom* It seems like you need to give a new rom 24-48 hours to "get comfortable". Meaning, I notice terrible battery life, and slow speeds after first installing, but a few days, a few full charges, and all my apps are back in place, it's a beast. My .02's.

SeanHaley
02-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Thank you for the responses.I have been fooling with the new Rom and triple checked to make sure everything was correct.What could the hardware issue be? I had the same issue when it was stock.I'm going to try and completely wipe out everything and start fresh to see what happens.Thanks againSean

silver04v
02-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Thank you for the responses.I have been fooling with the new Rom and triple checked to make sure everything was correct.What could the hardware issue be? I had the same issue when it was stock.I'm going to try and completely wipe out everything and start fresh to see what happens.Thanks againSean

Start fresh and with no apps, let it run blank, so to speak, then see if it still does it. Then, if not, add the apps back slowly one or a few at a time.

Coming from my smartass wizard MIUI. Speeding right along on 2012.2.1!

SeanHaley
02-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Forgive me. When you say blank, no apps. Do you mean in 100% factory setting? I planned on doing a SBF. Also the more I thought about it. Could the wrong root cause the problem. The day after I got the phone, I rooted it with the Droid 3 program listed on XDA.(The only one that worked for me). So I never really had the chance to run it completely in stock form.