PDA

View Full Version : overclocking/undervolting advice needed!

ChrisDailey
02-06-2012, 06:52 PM
ive been using the setcpu app to overclock my droid x. i got rid of that and bought the android overclock made by jrummy seeing as it is noticeably better. i would like some advice on the settings i should use to best overclock it (fastest) also what settings are good for the "profiles" if possible, id also like some advice on undervolting since my battering has been dying very fast ever since i first overclocked it. any help would greatly be appreciated, thanks in advanced!

stryker
02-06-2012, 10:56 PM
ive been using the setcpu app to overclock my droid x. i got rid of that and bought the android overclock made by jrummy seeing as it is noticeably better. i would like some advice on the settings i should use to best overclock it (fastest) also what settings are good for the "profiles" if possible, id also like some advice on undervolting since my battering has been dying very fast ever since i first overclocked it. any help would greatly be appreciated, thanks in advanced!

First off there is an overclock app called quickclock that will find the highest speeds and lowest voltage that your phone can handle before getting unstable. It takes all the guess work out of it. But if you have Android overclock you should be good running a low or ultra low profile. As far as pRofiles. I just run one for screen off set to 300/300, and screen on what ever you're Max and min are. I have done the overclock thing, and from my experience, you are better off running stock speeds under volted, or nothing at all. I gain all my battery life from using juice defender. My phone doesn't play nice with overclocking. I get random re boots and freezes from over clocking even a tiny bit. So pick your low or ultra low voltage, then run a screen off, and screen on profile. You can add a battery one for say when your battery gets to a certain% have the speed clock down to 800 or whatever. Up to you though. Hope that helped a little bit. Pretty much trial and error is your friend, because every phone acts different and can handle higher speeds then others. My phone can't, yours may be able too. So that is why i didn't post my speeds. But quickclock like i said. It will find the speeds for you, then import them into aoc and use them in there. Peace.

-=(.Stryker.does.dezign.)=-

ChrisDailey
02-06-2012, 11:27 PM
First off there is an overclock app called quickclock that will find the highest speeds and lowest voltage that your phone can handle before getting unstable. It takes all the guess work out of it. But if you have Android overclock you should be good running a low or ultra low profile. As far as pRofiles. I just run one for screen off set to 300/300, and screen on what ever you're Max and min are. I have done the overclock thing, and from my experience, you are better off running stock speeds under volted, or nothing at all. I gain all my battery life from using juice defender. My phone doesn't play nice with overclocking. I get random re boots and freezes from over clocking even a tiny bit. So pick your low or ultra low voltage, then run a screen off, and screen on profile. You can add a battery one for say when your battery gets to a certain% have the speed clock down to 800 or whatever. Up to you though. Hope that helped a little bit. Pretty much trial and error is your friend, because every phone acts different and can handle higher speeds then others. My phone can't, yours may be able too. So that is why i didn't post my speeds. But quickclock like i said. It will find the speeds for you, then import them into aoc and use them in there. Peace.

ill try out the quickclock app, as for the underclocking, whenever i run lower speeds, its real sluggish and glitchy, i find that i have better performance running faster speeds its just that my battery dies a fast. thanks for the advice though.

stryker
02-06-2012, 11:43 PM
ill try out the quickclock app, as for the underclocking, whenever i run lower speeds, its real sluggish and glitchy, i find that i have better performance running faster speeds its just that my battery dies a fast. thanks for the advice though.

You can run the same speeds with lower voltage. I think your running the speed lower, not the volts and that is why your phone is sluggish. For example the stock slot 1 speed is 10000/62, you can run say 10000/52. You will get the same performance, but your battery is using less volts to achieve that speed, which will save battery. That's what quickclock will do for you. It will find the max speed it can run at the lowest vsel. Then it will give youa couple profiles to choose from. You can export them, then import them into Android overclock. Great app!

ChrisDailey
02-06-2012, 11:56 PM
You can run the same speeds with lower voltage. I think your running the speed lower, not the volts and that is why your phone is sluggish. For example the stock slot 1 speed is 10000/62, you can run say 10000/52. You will get the same performance, but your battery is using less volts to achieve that speed, which will save battery. That's what quickclock will do for you. It will find the max speed it can run at the lowest vsel. Then it will give youa couple profiles to choose from. You can export them, then import them into Android overclock. Great app!

ok cool, im definitely going to try it out!

ChrisDailey
02-07-2012, 12:06 AM
i just downloaded quickclock, i did calibrate>automatic and its doing all the tests and what not, what do i do after its done?

Scram
02-07-2012, 05:58 AM
Get to the menu where it says overclock, tap overclock then hit the hard menu button. A list of automatically calibrated profiles should have popped up. Select which profile to run...

Sent from my liberated DX

stryker
02-07-2012, 10:08 AM
You can do that, or you can export the profiles, then import them into Android overclock. I use quickclock and set cpu for my prOfiles. You can't really overclock with set cpu Because we have locked bootloader. Well i guess you could make slot 2 3 4 higher then what they are, but you can't set above 10000 with it.which 10000 isn't over clocked it the Highest sTock speed. You need an overclock app for that.