PDA

View Full Version : Dead Pixels

Gburger95
02-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Hey DXforums,

A few days ago, one pixel on my phone died. Not a problem. Then, the spot consistently grew into a solid horizontal line, and continued to grow into a few horizontal lines and several vertical blocks of blackness. It is consistently growing, but - this is a secondhand phone from an owner who has never dropped it, always kept it in its case, but regardless, I doubt Verizon will help me. Is a screen replacement the way to go?

iPod, iPhone Replacement Touch Glass & LCD Screens, iPhone Repair Parts, High Capacity Batteries, BlackBerry, HTC, Tablet Parts (http://www.repairsuniverse.com/motorola-droid-x-touch-screen-digitizer-replacement-part.html

T)his?
I need help...Sorry to bother y'all.

Best,
Gabe

Nemo aeternamn
02-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Screen replacement is the only thing you can do for dead pixels

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

kennyfool
02-07-2012, 02:02 PM
If you do replace the screen yourself, please oh PLEASE be careful. I turned my old X into a paperweight after attempting it. Did everything right but screen wouldn't come on....

Sent from my Droid X

Gburger95
02-07-2012, 11:13 PM
If you do replace the screen yourself, please oh PLEASE be careful. I turned my old X into a paperweight after attempting it. Did everything right but screen wouldn't come on....

Sent from my Droid X

This is exactly why I'm hesitating...Any good advice on how to do it? or maybe not, if the operation didn't go so well.

kennyfool
02-08-2012, 07:21 AM
This is exactly why I'm hesitating...Any good advice on how to do it? or maybe not, if the operation didn't go so well.

Well First off I would make sure to buy a good quality LCD replacement. I think that may have been my mistake. Next when you are disassembling the device make sure you have the right screw drivers (Torx T3 and T5) so you don't round the screws. And finally make sure you have a plastic tool to take all the ribbon cables and connections off. You need something small and easy to handle. If you go to YouTube and search for "Droid x LCD replacement" there are a few really good tutorials on how to do it. Those connections can be tricky to unplug so if you just follow the tutorial step by step, you should be okay. All you need is a little patience. Good luck!

Sent from my Droid X

ClassicBeauty
02-24-2012, 09:00 AM
Where can you find a good quality LCD?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

manzie5
12-02-2012, 02:17 AM
i read the above post about replacing the screen for a dead pixel problem with the droid x. is it really worth it to replace it? how much would or should it cost? mine started today so i am unsure of what to do. please help

GoCliffGo05
12-02-2012, 02:23 AM
If the spots don't bother you or you are due for an upgrade relatively soon then I wouldn't replace it. If they bother you or you plan to keep the phone for much longer then go ahead and give it a shot. Not sure on the price off the top of my head but if you Google it I'm sure you'll see many options and you can compare prices.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2