PDA

View Full Version : Droid X Headphone Jack Help!

TheBananaPeel
02-04-2012, 09:16 PM
The past week or two, whenever I have any headphone or AUX plugged into my headphone jack it'll either crackle, just turn off, or start to skip. I've read that some people put small pieces of paper around the jack to stop it from wiggling, but I see no way of doing this with my phone. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

dennyjones
02-05-2012, 06:24 AM
Can't help with that but another option is to go bluetooth.

I bought Amazon.com: LG Tone (HBS-700) Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail Packaging - Black/Orange: Cell Phones & Accessories (http://www.amazon.com/LG-HBS-700-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headset/dp/B0052YFYFK/ref=pd_sim_cps_1) from Amazon and love it.

Talon66721
02-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Sometimes that jack will go bad. I had to change out a phone for that reason months ago. Hopefully you're still under warranty. Otherwise, a bluetooth will work. I use the Jawbone Icon. It supports voice and media from my X. Battery life on it isn't the best with it, I can never listen to music with it all day. Usually about four hours or so.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

TheBananaPeel
02-05-2012, 11:25 AM
dang.. well i'll look into the warrenty... should be covered by the manufacturer right? and would i need to sbf back to stock in order to do this?

dennyjones
02-05-2012, 12:35 PM
dang.. well i'll look into the warrenty... should be covered by the manufacturer right? and would i need to sbf back to stock in order to do this?

yes..

Talon66721
02-05-2012, 03:00 PM

Yeah, warranty is for a year from when you bought it at VZW. I would suggest you make a nandroid first. Then you just restore it after you root the replacement and right back to where you are now. Make sure you are back to stock first and leave no traces of root or they might try to charge you for it. Search on here for how to get it all done. There are a couple of files that persist after the sbf, I think. I've had to do it a few times, and been fine, but I made sure to do that first. Also, sounds dumb, but don't forget to keep your sd card. I was in the UPS store one time before I remembered. That was scary when I realized I almost left it in there. Lol.

TheBananaPeel
02-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Ok, I made a Linux CD a while back so I'll just use that, and if I was to use a nandroid I could flash the new phone from stock right to Liberty 3 v2? Thanks!

Talon66721
02-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Ok, I made a Linux CD a while back so I'll just use that, and if I was to use a nandroid I could flash the new phone from stock right to Liberty 3 v2? Thanks!

You have to be on the right base first. So if your nandroid is a rom based on .602, you have to be on that first. You'll have major issues otherwise.