PDA

View Full Version : Encounterics X working on Cspire Milestone X

brad0286
02-03-2012, 10:18 AM
I have confirmed that encounterics x will work on the milestone x with cspire. i was on 2.3.5 gingerbread and it worked great. Below are the steps i took to flash the rom.

1. made a nandroid backup
2. copied the rom zip file and gapps zip file to sd card.
3. booted into recovery via droid 2 bootstrapper.
4. wiped data/factory reset, wiped cache and dalvik cache
5. install rom zip from sd card and when it was done before leaving cwm recovery, flash the gapps zip file.
6. reboot and when it loads up, i skipped the activation and the previous radio settings stayed on.

other than the bugs that are known about the rom, it has been great. It's fast and looks really nice.

DirtyDroid
02-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Hey sweet....thanks for testing for all the milestone x'ers :thumbup:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

brad0286
02-03-2012, 10:49 AM
no problem, i wanted to flash a rom so badly but without an sbf for gingerbread i was taking a chance, and it worked out ok.

glshub
03-22-2012, 07:47 AM
I have confirmed that encounterics x will work on the milestone x with cspire. i was on 2.3.5 gingerbread and it worked great. Below are the steps i took to flash the rom. 1. made a nandroid backup2. copied the rom zip file and gapps zip file to sd card.3. booted into recovery via droid 2 bootstrapper.4. wiped data/factory reset, wiped cache and dalvik cache5. install rom zip from sd card and when it was done before leaving cwm recovery, flash the gapps zip file.6. reboot and when it loads up, i skipped the activation and the previous radio settings stayed on. other than the bugs that are known about the rom, it has been great. It's fast and looks really nice. What is the gapps zip file? Is the encounterics a ROM? I am thinking about flashing Vortex on my Bluegrass Cellular Milestone X. There isn't an sbf for it so I feel it's risky at best. Have any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks

glshub
03-22-2012, 07:48 AM
Might Vortex mess with my radio settings?

jdubrolltide
03-22-2012, 11:39 PM
I also have a milestone X! I flashed the CM9 rom by accident ( I clicked on the encounterics x link) but the rom is working great, with camera!

Sent from my DROID X using Droid X Forums

icephreaq
03-24-2012, 11:00 PM
I have confirmed that encounterics x will work on the milestone x with cspire. i was on 2.3.5 gingerbread and it worked great. Below are the steps i took to flash the rom. 1. made a nandroid backup2. copied the rom zip file and gapps zip file to sd card.3. booted into recovery via droid 2 bootstrapper.4. wiped data/factory reset, wiped cache and dalvik cache5. install rom zip from sd card and when it was done before leaving cwm recovery, flash the gapps zip file.6. reboot and when it loads up, i skipped the activation and the previous radio settings stayed on. other than the bugs that are known about the rom, it has been great. It's fast and looks really nice. Which recovery are you using to successfully get a nandroid backup and flash a rom?