PDA

View Full Version : Please help! Rooted stock stuck in reboot

stafinois
02-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Sorry, I don't know all the terms.

My DroidX was running the latest stock Gingerbread (.605?). It was rooted, but no ROM. A friend tried to install a version of Liberty a little over a month ago, but it went badly and he flashed it back to stock.

I rerooted, and things were going fine until one day around a week ago when suddenly my battery just discharged like mad one day. I figured one of my new apps had a leak so I deleted all of them. Things have been fine with the battery since.

In the middle of the night while charging last night, my phone went to the screen with the exclaimation point, triangle, and droid. I woke up seeing that the display was lit up and saw that. I did a battery pull and everything seemed fine. Worked OK all day normally. Now suddenly it is stuck rebooting. I put in the battery and I see the Motorola symbol, then DROID, then the eye, then DROID, then the EYE, then Droid, etc. I managed to get into the screen with the exclaimation point, triangle and droid. Went into system recovery and did a factory reset. I keep getting back in the same loop. RSD Lite doesn't see my phone.

HElp, please!

savagerun
02-01-2012, 11:45 PM
You can try to sbf using this method http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Brad92
02-01-2012, 11:46 PM
Try using the link above for the Linux SBF method. You download it and burn it to a disc or flashdrive and it does it all for you. It also won't have the issue with RSD not seeing your phone.

Edit: ninja'd
X

stafinois
02-01-2012, 11:50 PM
I can't get it into bootloader.

savagerun
02-02-2012, 12:06 AM
Did you try pulling your battery out and putting it back in then press the camera button then volume down button then power button an hold in all 3 buttons till the screen flashes then release the power button followed by the other buttons. There's a video in the link i gave you with instructions.

stafinois
02-02-2012, 12:17 AM
Did you try pulling your battery out and putting it back in then press the camera button then volume down button then power button an hold in all 3 buttons till the screen flashes then release the power button followed by the other buttons. There's a video in the link i gave you with instructions.

Oh, that worked! Now RSD Lite is detecting it. Maybe all hope is not lost!

stafinois
02-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Oh no. It failed.

savagerun
02-02-2012, 12:48 AM
Either give it another shot or try the method in the link i gave you.

stafinois
02-02-2012, 01:00 AM
The battery just gave out and it won't let me charge. It just has a question mark when I hook it to the charger. Now what?

savagerun
02-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Don't forget after an sbf you have to do a factory reset in stock recovery. Its common to bootloop after you sbf so just pull the battery again then press your home button first followed by your power button and hold both in till you get to the Triangle screen then press both volume buttons in to get in recovery. From there You'll wipe data and cache partition. You'll use your volume buttons to scroll and power button to select. Whether you bootloop or not after the sbf always do a factory reset.

stafinois
02-02-2012, 01:06 AM
But what do I do with a dead battery?

savagerun
02-02-2012, 01:06 AM
The battery just gave out and it won't let me charge. It just has a question mark when I hook it to the charger. Now what?

Ok now you'll have to find another battery or take it to verizon and ask them to charge it for you. The battery won't charge in bootloader mode. If you know anyone else with a dx maybe you can borrow their battery or have them charge yours. One thing for sure is your done till your battery gets charged.

DroidXSkywalker
02-02-2012, 02:21 AM
Ok now you'll have to find another battery or take it to verizon and ask them to charge it for you. The battery won't charge in bootloader mode. If you know anyone else with a dx maybe you can borrow their battery or have them charge yours. One thing for sure is your done till your battery gets charged.

I had the same exact issue a month ago when I was flashing a ROM and was trying to SBF back to Froyo. But I have 2 batteries, in case something like this happens. Also I bought a charger that doesn't require plugging my X into it, only the battery. This might be a dumb question, and I apologize for asking, but if you take your battery out, but don't turn your Droid on, and plug your it into an A/C adapter instead of your cpu, would it be possible to charge your Droid? If that charges it without issue you might be able to avoid that dreaded trip to Verizon, cuz if you go to Verizon, you're going to pay alot of money you don't need to spend when you have us to help you for free. If your Droid refuses to charge, you might want to prefer another battery, or if you know someone with a DROIDX who's willing to loan you their battery, then borrow it. But you might want to invest in a second battery in case you have this issue again and get yourself a charger for your batteries which charges them instead of your entire Droid. I can't stand having to plug my entire X in, so that's why I have an extra battery and that special charger. The kind of charger I'm referring to is similar to the kind you would use on a DSLR camera. With a DSLR battery, they are usually taken out of the camera and placed in a special charger. You can find them for a good deal on Amazon or ebay, however I prefer Amazon cuz they don't overcharge shipping fees if I was to order online. That's where I got mine.

DroidXSkywalker
02-02-2012, 02:25 AM
I wouldn't take it to Verizon, especially if you're rooted, cuz you'll lose your warranty and pay a large amount of cash that you don't need to. When you have us here, hopefully it will save you from that dreaded trip to Big Red. Anyways most problems can be fixed with our help and I happen to be, a self taught Droid tech specializing in the DROID DOES series, especially the, X. For me helping people with their Droids is my life! I would prefer to spend the rest of my life fixing Droids then doing anything else

Nemo aeternamn
02-02-2012, 03:02 AM
I wouldn't take it to Verizon, especially if you're rooted, cuz you'll lose your warranty and pay a large amount of cash that you don't need to. When you have us here, hopefully it will save you from that dreaded trip to Big Red

not always... i was talking to one guy at verizon... with a jailbroken ipod... and at the verizon store here... i was telling them about the dev scene for different phones... they loved my set up of ssx... so it's not necessarily going to be bad thing if they know your rooted...

stafinois
02-02-2012, 07:07 AM
I wouldn't take it to Verizon, especially if you're rooted, cuz you'll lose your warranty and pay a large amount of cash that you don't need to. When you have us here, hopefully it will save you from that dreaded trip to Big Red. Anyways most problems can be fixed with our help and I happen to be, a self taught Droid tech specializing in the DROID DOES series, especially the, X. For me helping people with their Droids is my life! I would prefer to spend the rest of my life fixing Droids then doing anything else

This is what I'm worried about. I'm in a small town and they will remember if I come in wanting to charge the battery because of this.

I need to get this resolved fast. I don't have a landline, and I have a small child. This I'd my first Verizon phone, so I have nothing around to activate in the meantime.

Sent from my rooted Nook Tablet using Tapatalk

jwalz
02-02-2012, 07:25 AM
You can buy another battery and make sure its charged before you walk out the store

GO GIANTS

stafinois
02-02-2012, 10:10 PM
This quality Verizon store had no way to charge my battery. Such service!

I may just get a Bionic, and not root this one.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Tapatalk

Smittys
02-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Actually a droid razr maxx would be better imo.

Sent from my DX Vortex Dark Theme