PDA

View Full Version : how do I unroot????

bighemi06
02-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Ok I am a total newb at this stuff......I did the one click root a while back and have since got a new phone so trying to unroot and get he phone back to stock to sell it to a friend....any help would be much appreciated

Leach19m
02-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Best way to get back to stock is to SBF. Follow the link below for a super easy SBF method.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23638

savagerun
02-01-2012, 08:31 PM
I would just do an sbf on it http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html do the 4.5.602
Ninja'd... Im way to slow
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

bsbabcock
02-02-2012, 04:16 PM
I just committed the sin of helping a friend root his DX and we froze some bloat with Rom Toolbox. Naturally, the phone instantly runs better.
Problem is, he's using an app called "Good" to access his corporate mail/calendar.. However when he went into Good, it instantly detected his phone was rooted and stated his IT guys wouldn't allow access on a rooted device (how nice).
Worst case scenario I can easily SBF the phone back to stock which is no biggie other than big inconvenience for him and egg on my face, and the bloat's back of course.

So now I'm looking for a solution that will allow him to remain rooted, and possibly hide root from the app somehow? Any suggestions welcome.

I'm sorry I can put this in a new thread if needed, and searching now. Certainly the issue has come up.

fezrock
02-02-2012, 05:59 PM
I just committed the sin of helping a friend root his DX and we froze some bloat with Rom Toolbox. Naturally, the phone instantly runs better.
Problem is, he's using an app called "Good" to access his corporate mail/calendar.. However when he went into Good, it instantly detected his phone was rooted and stated his IT guys wouldn't allow access on a rooted device (how nice).
Worst case scenario I can easily SBF the phone back to stock which is no biggie other than big inconvenience for him and egg on my face, and the bloat's back of course.

So now I'm looking for a solution that will allow him to remain rooted, and possibly hide root from the app somehow? Any suggestions welcome.

I'm sorry I can put this in a new thread if needed, and searching now. Certainly the issue has come up.

There is an app from xeudoxus called Privacy Blocker. It supposedly replaces personal info needed for app permissions with generic info. I haven't used it in awhile. Maybe it would work to fool the IT? They obviously request superuser rights. ... hmmm... maybe you could get superuser to deny root privileges. Knowing exactly how they detect root would make avoidance easier.

(This is a tapa sig) r...e...a...d :)

bsbabcock
02-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Yeah I'll research that one. I wondered how you could deny an app root access by default or hide root rights from it.

Saw an app or two on market that temporarily disabled root but don't know if they work on the DX. I try to post them.

I think one was called OTA Rootkeeper.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bsbabcock
02-05-2012, 12:51 PM
So I SBF'd my friend's DX yesterday .. Won't know until tomorrow if his GFE (Good for Enterprise) will work until Monday when he tries the new PIN. Never again.. rooting is for the individual and Im only messing with my phone.

Though I think it was good for his phone. There was something definitely killing performance causing lag, plus his stock launcher screen preview wouldn't work. I think something was corrupted.

Just a note.. neither the above app hitting temporary unroot, or deleting su, superuser and busybox would fool GFE. It still thought the phone was rooted.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

morcch
02-15-2012, 01:09 PM
I would just do an sbf on it http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html do the 4.5.602
Ninja'd... Im way to slow
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Seriously, this is the best answer. I agree one hundred .

Sent from my DROIDX