PDA

View Full Version : Cyanogenmod?

nathey6
01-27-2012, 08:56 PM
Does anyone know if and when a stable release of Cyanogenmod will come out? I have been waiting a long time and they haven't done anything from what I have heard. Thanks

BHuber09
01-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Cm7? Never, development on that has stopped.

FreeMyMoto!!!

droidx2.3.3
01-27-2012, 09:07 PM
^^^^yup. I believe they are now working on cm9

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Droid X Forums

skooter16
01-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Last rumor I heard was Feb for cm9 but it didn't specify phones. I'm sure we will get it eventually

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

BHuber09
01-27-2012, 09:36 PM
We are supposedly going to be one of the primary phones. That was the rumor when cm9 was first talked about.

FreeMyMoto!!!

droidx2.3.3
01-27-2012, 09:41 PM
We are supposedly going to be one of the primary phones. That was the rumor when cm9 was first talked about.

FreeMyMoto!!!

I think i remember the cm dev for the x (cvpcs) tweet that the x would be the first on his list because of the 2nd init and it would help with other phones (droid 2)

Nemo aeternamn
01-27-2012, 09:48 PM
I think i,remember the cm dev for the x tweet that the x would be the first on his list because of the 2nd init and it would help with other phones (droid 2)

That was cvpcs that said that... He's one of the main devs for cyanogen

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

droidx2.3.3
01-27-2012, 10:05 PM
That was cvpcs that said that... He's one of the main devs for cyanogen

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Ah yes. That's its. Thanks i couldn't remember his name. I edited my post to include his name.

Brad92
01-27-2012, 10:07 PM
CM7GB has still been in development, but its a kang. Its so much better than the Froyo kernel official version anyway.

X

spodoc
01-27-2012, 11:18 PM
In all liklihood, CM7 (i.e. gingerbread CM) is asymptotically reaching stability due to ICS arriving and the bootloader never being unlocked. 2nd init was absolutely epic, but too late to allow for the full blossom of CM7 into a stable build on DX. Realize and be happy that CM7 does work quite well on DX with bugs that many enthusiasts are willing to live with. These bugs are numerous enough to prevent the label of "stable" but are mostly minor. Combine that epic base with some tenacious devs and we still have some possibilites. But alas, diversion to CM9 (i.e. ICS) along with the alure of new phones means that, well, you are darn close to the level of stability you'll ever see.

So will we ever have a build that CM places under their "stable" link? Probably not (but hey... probably not was certainly a phrase frequntly uttered with CM and DX prior to 2nd init right?).

Is it CM7 "stable" on DX now? IMHO, yep. Would I put it on my wife's DX? Eh, almost :) She's still rocking 589 because it works for her.

csphelps76
01-28-2012, 12:33 AM
next to encounter ics beta 3 cyanogenmod 7 is my most used rom...personally i've yet to encounter a flaw that would make me not consider it stable and has been overall solid

Brad92
01-28-2012, 01:20 AM
next to encounter ics beta 3 cyanogenmod 7 is my most used rom...personally i've yet to encounter a flaw that would make me not consider it stable and has been overall solid

I agree. Its way more stable than the stock ROM was for me. Only thing I can see is lack of HDMI port... they already got charging with the phone off working.

Encounter is a good ROM, but not near as fast as CM7 and still has too many bugs for me to call it a daily driver.

X

nathey6
01-28-2012, 09:09 AM
Ok Thanks!

The persuader
01-28-2012, 09:16 AM
Questions,

Why is HDMI seems to Work/Not Work on most ROM's or New Updates...

Isn't their a TOP TEN Priority List for certain applications to Work with Dev's?

Just asking I really dont know...Just seeing HDMI always Lacking or Not working

Its Bubba

I agree. Its way more stable than the stock ROM was for me. Only thing I can see is lack of HDMI port... they already got charging with the phone off working.

Encounter is a good ROM, but not near as fast as CM7 and still has too many bugs for me to call it a daily driver.

X

Mike7143
01-28-2012, 09:35 AM

Really? I was all excited to possible try Encounter but maybe I should try CM7 then? I need something that's dependable. I've tried quite a few ROMs so far but always end up going back to .605.

Brad92
01-28-2012, 09:57 AM
Questions,

Why is HDMI seems to Work/Not Work on most ROM's or New Updates...

Isn't their a TOP TEN Priority List for certain applications to Work with Dev's?

Just asking I really dont know...Just seeing HDMI always Lacking or Not working

Its Bubba

Because the HDMI requires MotoBLUR framework and pure AOSP ROMs do not have any Blur. A good workaround is using a 2nd init ROM and then having a Blur ROM setup on Boot Manager.

X

Brad92
01-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Really? I was all excited to possible try Encounter but maybe I should try CM7 then? I need something that's dependable. I've tried quite a few ROMs so far but always end up going back to .605.
Definitely try firstEncounter also. You might be able to live with the bugs.

If you try CM7, make sure you go to RootzWiki and get the new builds from there. They are amazing...

X

TekWarren
01-30-2012, 08:56 AM
CM7 nightlies here: Goo-inside.me Downloads - Browsing RandPooka (http://goo-inside.me/roms/RandPooka) Not necessarily a new release every night but but on a somewhat regular basis, sometimes just to keep up with the changes in the main CM7 tree.

lehman70
02-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the link Tek. CM7 is a solid ROM. My favorite hands down.

Asharad
02-18-2012, 02:48 PM
I used CM7 for about 8 months, and I'd say it's stable. I just swapped to MIUI today, for the helluvit.