PDA

View Full Version : YaHoo mail Authinticator and the FC of my Contacts

bbell67
01-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Just moved up to a Droid X and in the efforts to get a grip on data I Rooted(Pete's MotorolaRoot tools v1.06) and installed droidwall.
Still getting data leaks I decided to remove some bloatware, installed titanium backup(free) and proceeded to backup and uninstall bloat
unfortunately the one I did not backup was Yahoo, and as I can tell it is what is now causing the force closure of my contacts.

Through my research I found the .obex and .apk files that need to be moved back into the system/app file, installed root explorer moved the files over and changed the permisions. With the files replaced in the system/app file and trying to install the app from root explorer the process fails for each of 5 files I have copied over.

So my next step was to unroot the phone so I could go through SBF? Went trough the unroot several times because I still saw superuser app and I expected it to be removed when the phone unrooted, tried to open titanium backup and couldn't because it didn't have root privileges so I assume I was able to unroot?

What next? continue w/ SBF ? will a factory reset accomplish anything? am I on the right track? will rooting and adding a custom rom fix it?
sorry if I have missed any obvious answers in my extensive search, any guidance or answers you might have would be greatly appriciated

cory46
01-27-2012, 12:27 PM
You can try to factory reset but I don't think it'll help; it might.

You can sbf if the reset didn't work and you don't need to unroot to sbf for future reference, the sbf will wipe your entire phone anyways so your just causing yourself more work.

And yes, you're correct anything yahoo related cannot be frozen or removed from a Google phone haha

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bbell67
01-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Thats what I thought thanks for confirming! One other thing is the latest sbf file I found is 4.5.602 and the current version on my phone is 4.5.605
any problems there?
do I have to un root to run the SBF?

Nemo aeternamn
01-27-2012, 01:14 PM
No.. There's no problem there.. As the only update is a keyboard fix for the stock keyboard

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

bbell67
01-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Thanks, all went well.........then I got the OTA update to .605 so accepted it and installed and
now Titanium back up can not get root access so I cant open it
Any Ideas ? I haven't found anything in my search yet

cory46
01-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Thanks, all went well.........then I got the OTA update to .605 so accepted it and installed and
now Titanium back up can not get root access so I cant open it
Any Ideas ? I haven't found anything in my search yet

You need to root your phone http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=499148

bbell67
01-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Thanks again I was just working on that I belive if I reroot it w/ Pete'smotorola tool it should be ok? I had froze a bunch of bloat

cory46
01-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Thanks again I was just working on that I belive if I reroot it w/ Pete'smotorola tool it should be ok? I had froze a bunch of bloat

How did you fix your previous problem? Reset or sbf? If you sbf your frozen bloat is no longer frozen so root then freeze again

bbell67
01-28-2012, 05:40 PM
did sbf so I will have to refreeze them, thnx again

bbell67
01-28-2012, 06:05 PM
ok refroze and now phone is froze

cory46
01-28-2012, 06:07 PM
What did you freeze

bbell67
01-28-2012, 10:40 PM
amazon
kindle
blockbuster
account storage
verizon apps
backup ass
city id
corprate sync
flickr
my verizon
myspace
news
news and weather
nfs shift
photo buckt
sync serv
talk
v cast
vz nav
vzw package installer
weather

cory46
01-28-2012, 11:46 PM
From what I can remember that shouldn't freeze your phone did you reboot afterwards?

bbell67
01-29-2012, 06:50 AM
screen was black but top bar was there and would work, hard buttons worked
started from scratch sbf root ....all that fun stuff again reinstall everything
freeze everything again...etc
but seems fine now
will know not to take the update when it comes around again..or from what i found
is you have to unroot to accept the update then root again if i am correct?