PDA

View Full Version : Clockwork ROM Manager

tripdaddy5
01-25-2012, 01:28 AM
To use or not to use? I have read mixed reports across the web on this. Some say it works with the X some say it creates problems. Opinions welcomed, preferably of those that have used it.

Nemo aeternamn
01-25-2012, 01:33 AM
well... rom manager is good utility to have for the x... but personally... i wouldn't use it to flash... i've seen it create problems when flashing roms... i prefer to do it the manual way...

The persuader
01-25-2012, 08:24 PM
That's been a Long Time Issue...

Surprized they haven't Modified or Updated...It has the potenial to be The Best...but for now...it does create Havoc...."End Of Story"

Its Bubba

well... rom manager is good utility to have for the x... but personally... i wouldn't use it to flash... i've seen it create problems when flashing roms... i prefer to do it the manual way...

2betrash
01-25-2012, 11:10 PM
My experience, only thing it really did for me was install clockwork, and made a backup of my current rom. It will fix permissions. but I am not really sure if that works, I used it once because of a ranodom reboot, and haven't had one since. Not sure if the manager fixed it or it was just random. I use droid2 bootstrapper for reboot. The rom's you can get off a forum and copy to sd. Pretty much did nothing for me, just my experience. It would be nice if they got it straight tho.

stryker
01-25-2012, 11:22 PM
I never used rom manager to flash a rom or make a backup. I jusT use D2 bootstrap, or if im on a 2nd init rom, I use the power menu to boot to clockwork. I tried rom manager a few times just to see if it would work, and it messed up. I tried it doing backups also, and it worked about half of the time. I would say don't use it. You do not even need it on your phone. Only reason I bought it was to get miui updates, and cm7 nightlies. But don't need it anymore. You can get all the roms from the forums.

=(.stryker.does.dezign.)=

tripdaddy5
01-27-2012, 12:20 AM
I'll just stick to the old fashion way of doing things and just use it for the little extra add on's that it helps with. Thanks for the input!