PDA

View Full Version : CM7 General Settings Question

victimssun
01-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Alright, I hate to open an entire thread about this, but maybe we can keep it for other random settings for those that aren't familiar with cm7. I am not. So, I have adwlauncher ex. Built into this rom, is adwlauncher. I can't seem to figure out how to use ex instead, and still have the customizable features, like theme chooser, etc. Is this possible? My main reason is for changing the Dock Style, but maintaining the Theme I'm using. Thoughts?

Edit: To specify the issue a little more, when you go to ThemeChooser, change the theme, it doesn't change the dock and icons when using adw ex. It would if I were using ADW launcher. So apparently they're linked, but can this be changed?

dtroup64
01-24-2012, 12:45 PM
I don't know if it's the same thing on the DX2, but I simply downloaded ADWex with Tibu, and the next time I hit the Home button it asked which I wanted as a default. I chose ADWex and that's my CM7 launcher now. Love it...

cooksta3276
01-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Is it possible to run a stock root, and put a new launcher in? I'm not really digging cm7, Liberty, Vortex or much else. I still like the 5 squares style or lower launcher. I'm just not as impressed by the speed or battery life of custom Roms.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

victimssun
01-24-2012, 12:54 PM
Is it possible to run a stock root, and put a new launcher in? I'm not really digging cm7, Liberty, Vortex or much else. I still like the 5 squares style or lower launcher. I'm just not as impressed by the speed or battery life of custom Roms.

Yes, you can use GoLauncher, ADW, etc. launchers from the Market, without being rooted.

victimssun
01-24-2012, 12:58 PM
I don't know if it's the same thing on the DX2, but I simply downloaded ADWex with Tibu, and the next time I hit the Home button it asked which I wanted as a default. I chose ADWex and that's my CM7 launcher now. Love it...

I've tried, something didn't work right. Let me give it another go, and I'll update with what went wrong... Thanks

cooksta3276
01-24-2012, 12:58 PM
But I could still root, delete bloat, kill some blur, tether, and run one? Thanks. Now to figure out how to get this thing back to 2.3 or 2.2 and update.....running cm7 with Adw.

victimssun
01-24-2012, 01:19 PM
You would have to SBF to which ever version you prefer. Check the stickied guides, one's for sbf'ing. Then you could do exactly what you mentioned you want to do.

cooksta3276
01-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Or I'd be just as happy with another Rom. I'd like near stock battery life and would prefer the EXACT keyboard that runs in out of the box mode.

juhde
01-25-2012, 12:39 PM
I don't use theme chooser but this is what I do.

Install adw ex and open it.
Launch titanium backup, filter "launcher", long press adw ex> convert to system app. Tap adw launcher>uninstall. Reboot.

I do this because I don't like having more than one launcher installed, I do this to every ROM I use as well. As long as you convert your preferred launcher to a system app you can factory reset with no problems.

Sent from my Android device.