PDA

View Full Version : I screwed the phone up

sb5551
01-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Whats up guys? I kinda screwed up, but I am not sure why.

I sbfed to 4.5.602 using the dsl linux sbfing method and used unetbootin to put it on a usb drive. I then rooted the phone using the d3 one click root. Everything was good. I went to try and deodex the files. It was using the update.zip the you just ran using clockwork mod. Cleared all the cache,dalvick, and factory reset. The phone loaded but I got about forty errors that wouldn't stop popping up about programs crashing. After about three battery pulls, the phone goes to the droid screen then the eye for a second then back to the droid screen then the eye etc. I figured just sbf again, but that didn't work it is still stuck at that last boot loop. Umm, I though .sbf cures everything. What happened?

DirtyDroid
01-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Did you wipe data/cache in android recovery?

sent from DXF App for now...

sb5551
01-23-2012, 09:14 PM
I did from clockwork mod attempting to do it from the android. now.

DirtyDroid
01-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Yeah home and power.....then the volume buttons together....scroll with volume ...wipe those then reboot and you should be good to go....always need to wipe those after abf

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

grege3g
01-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Yezir now be careful because sbf
doesn't cure everything you almost made an expensive paper weight

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

sb5551
01-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Ok that worked. How do I go about deodexing the right way now?

Nemo aeternamn
01-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Yezir now be careful because sbf
doesn't cure everything you almost made an expensive paper weight

An sbf will cure pretty much everything... Aside from a hardware issue... It brings the phone to completely stock... Out of the box condition...

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Nemo aeternamn
01-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Ok that worked. How do I go about deodexing the right way now?

As far as deodexing... I think the best way is to run a script from the computer I believe... I'm not sure on that one...
But the easiest cleanest way it's to just flash a good blur based rom such as vortex or liberty... So you can still add some blur in if you wish

cory46
01-23-2012, 10:59 PM
You really don't need to deodex your phone rom unless you're making theme edits to services.jar

You can manually deodex your system with xUltimate ( http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/hacking-help/21960-deodexing-explained-how.html ) if you're not comfortable with that I would suggest to just flash a rom

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

grege3g
01-24-2012, 11:53 AM
An sbf will cure pretty much everything... Aside from a hardware issue... It brings the phone to completely stock... Out of the box condition...

I like to see you sbf your phone after removing the hardware charge count or USB detection and the battery died sbf that sir

popcenator
01-24-2012, 11:54 AM
...why would you do that though?

on the move..

dtroup64
01-24-2012, 11:57 AM
I was wondering the same thing.

grege3g
01-24-2012, 12:03 PM
Trying to hack the charge count to read as 1% increments and trying to turnoff charge light on a rom I am making a custom rom removing USB detect to see if the charge light could actually be removed I was going to fix it and the battery died dumb I know but I learned from it at an expense to give common android lovers something they would love

fezrock
01-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Trying to hack the charge count to read as 1% increments and trying to turnoff charge light on a rom I am making a custom rom removing USB detect to see if the charge light could actually be removed I was going to fix it and the battery died dumb I know but I learned from it at an expense to give common android lovers something they would love Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums Someone has to be the guinea pig ;)Still... I know of some people who royally messed up some scripts, but sbf still resolved it in the end. Unless your hacks fried your hardware, an sbf should work. Maybe not even the first time, but it really is the software cure-all for a dx.I know it's difficult to sift through 509,000+ posts, many unrelated, but I have. And the consensus is...S...B...F... just works. Really.(this is a tapa sig) r...e...a...d :)

juhde
01-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Someone has to be the guinea pig ;)Still... I know of some people who royally messed up some scripts, but sbf still resolved it in the end. Unless your hacks fried your hardware, an sbf should work. Maybe not even the first time, but it really is the software cure-all for a dx.I know it's difficult to sift through 509,000+ posts, many unrelated, but I have. And the consensus is...S...B...F... just works. Really.(this is a tapa sig) r...e...a...d :)

+1

Sent from my Android device.