PDA

View Full Version : I dont think rooting worked on my phone... Now what?

Fins
01-22-2012, 07:35 PM
I downloaded the MotorolaOneClickRoot application and followed the instructions. It acted as if it worked correctly, but it didnt seem to change anything. I still cant delete Verizon bloatware. And I tried to hack the wifi tethering for free access, but it wont work. The app installs, but I still get sent to the verizon screen saying I need to subscribe. What should I do now?

silver04v
01-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Sounds like it prolly worked. You still need to use the wifi tether patch by wugfresh I think. And you need an app like titanium backup to freeze or delete bloat.

Running with MIUI

Nemo aeternamn
01-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Rooting doesn't really change anything... Just your permissions... To delete bloat you need an app with root permissions... Like app manager by jrummy...
And for tethering you have to install a hack for it to work

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

BHuber09
01-22-2012, 07:41 PM
Get root checker from the market see off your rooted.
If you are you'll have to get a bloatware uninstaller from the market for example. Titanium backup. Then go into that app and uninstall the apps.
Snd to get tethering to work you will have to buy Droid 2 bootstrap from the marker snd flash the zip of which you'll have to downloaf wwhen I post a link.

FreeMyMoto!!!

BHuber09
01-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Wow double ninja'd..

Here's this
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/30948-wugpacked-gb-tether-patch-all-one-zips.html

FreeMyMoto!!!

2betrash
01-22-2012, 10:13 PM
Can someone post the exact correct 123 instructions on rooting and installing a rom, you guys have so many click here click there this and that instructions and noone is getting the job done. There are thousands of post and only a few actually get anyone anywhere besides restoring to factory... NO OFFENSE, I myself am just looking for one answer and there is not one on any of these thousands of post that has helped me at all except how to restore to factory , and I already knew how to do that.

DirtyDroid
01-22-2012, 11:04 PM
what are you running Gingerbread?

you can follow the 602 root in my sig-nature, then there is either the d3 one click method, or the zergrush,....each also have a video/guide step by step on how to root

peon883
01-22-2012, 11:13 PM
Can someone post the exact correct 123 instructions on rooting and installing a rom, you guys have so many click here click there this and that instructions and noone is getting the job done. There are thousands of post and only a few actually get anyone anywhere besides restoring to factory... NO OFFENSE, I myself am just looking for one answer and there is not one on any of these thousands of post that has helped me at all except how to restore to factory , and I already knew how to do that.

This link is what I used... I took me a few tries for it to work tho but it did work

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/09/01/how-to-root-the-droid2-droidx2-droidx-and-droid3-running-gingerbread/

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

2betrash
01-22-2012, 11:40 PM
I am running froyo at the moment, all I have had is problem after problem with gingerbread, its slow too. I was going to hook the X up with something nice but every time I put a ROM on it I have to sbf it. I think its probably some kind of issue with clockwork or the root, i have tried a couple of different root methods. I am going to get a new phone more than likely something with dual processor. I dont even like verizon

what are you running Gingerbread?

you can follow the 602 root in my sig-nature, then there is either the d3 one click method, or the zergrush,....each also have a video/guide step by step on how to root

DirtyDroid
01-22-2012, 11:53 PM
well development for any roms for froyo has definitely stopped.... I'm not sure what problems that you had....what rom were you on that you had problems with? Gingerbread/and their roms are fast and stable, no matter which one your on IMO

2betrash
01-23-2012, 04:03 PM
the x2 has 2.2 froyo from the factory but can update to 2.3 GB with 1.3.232.MB870 update, the x up to date is 2.3 GB on 4.5.602.MB810. I have the oem rom installed, with 2.6.32.9 kernel and 2.3.340.mb810. I am not sure why I myself have the problems with GB but forreal the thing hangs bad and the keyboard always hangs unless I have something like GO keyboard installed, but that hangs also, with froyo the thing is fast and always runs smooth nothing hangs at all unless I have the CPU at 1300 mhz / 80 v, then it reboots when I run some apps, like the market, but at 1150 mhz / 80 v it is as fast, reliable and consistant as I can configure, and nothing hangs or lags.