PDA

View Full Version : Gingerbread issues as Usual

glshub
01-22-2012, 04:58 PM
I hate Gingerbread! Such a POS compared to Froyo!

J am continually finding things that just are a step backwards from Froyo.

I have noticed, on top of the camera app being junk and several other things that my WiFi turns itself off for no apparent reason. If it is idle very long it shuts off! Therefore I have to stop what I am doing and turn toggle WiFi off then back on to have a connection.

I have never used a custom ROM because there is no sbf available for me. There HAS to be an answer! I am not phone tech savvy and I sure do not want to screw it up but I don't like Gingerbread in any form or fashion. My phone ran flawlessly with Froyo. Thanks moto! I kept getting prompts to 'upgrade' OTA so I did it thinking an upgrade meant better. Quite the opposite. I mean it doesn't work near as good as it did. I had NO problems with it. None. Now this.

I don't know how to install a ROM and with no sbf it's not very smart to try.

Is there anything I can do? Short of throwing it in the lake and starting over with a Froyo based device? I am so sorry I did the OTA but it isn't reversible

Help!

Sent from my Milestone X using Droid X Forums

glshub
01-22-2012, 05:00 PM
By the way.... If ICS is an ' upgrade' like gingerjunk I sure want NO part of it.

BHuber09
01-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Whats your carrier
And the x will not receive ics so don't worry about it.

FreeMyMoto!!!

glshub
01-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Bluegrass Cellular it's in KY

BHuber09
01-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Mhmm you could go into the place you bought the phone and see if they can.

FreeMyMoto!!!

glshub
01-22-2012, 05:33 PM
Mhmm you could go into the place you bought the phone and see if they can.

FreeMyMoto!!!

If they can change it back to Froyo?

glshub
01-22-2012, 05:38 PM
If that's what you mean I guess I would have to un-root. I just don't understand why they would push a system that is not as good as the one that is on it to begin with. I, personally haven't seen anything about it that is better. Not one thing. I certainly didn't have to reset the camera settings or toggle WiFi continuously.

Leach19m
01-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Gingerbread was a drastic improvement for most users, but every phone is going to have its own little quirks. A simple cache wipe may even fix every single one of your issues. But your experience isn't the experience of everyone who's ever flashed gingerbread to their phone.

popcenator
01-22-2012, 05:55 PM
If that's what you mean I guess I would have to un-root. I just don't understand why they would push a system that is not as good as the one that is on it to begin with. I, personally haven't seen anything about it that is better. Not one thing. I certainly didn't have to reset the camera settings or toggle WiFi continuously.

I had nothing but good experiences with Gingerbread. It was leaps better than Froyo. Not every update goes without a hitch, unfortunately some people have issues.

on the move..

glshub
01-22-2012, 06:05 PM
I had nothing but good experiences with Gingerbread. It was leaps better than Froyo. Not every update goes without a hitch, unfortunately some people have issues.

on the move..

What were the improvements? Are you running a Milestone X?

cory46
01-22-2012, 06:08 PM
What were the improvements? Are you running a Milestone X?

Same update from Motorola between both the droid x and milestone x

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BHuber09
01-22-2012, 06:08 PM
Yeah honestly I love gingerbread, but yes unroot snd see if they will help

FreeMyMoto!!!

Leach19m
01-22-2012, 06:10 PM
We understand that you are frustrated, however, we are not here to try to convince you that the update didn't ruin your phone, nor are we here to have you accost us on behalf of gingerbread. We can attempt to help you fix your issues, but if you do not intend to make an effort to follow those steps or to attempt to fix it yourself, I see no reason for this thread to be left open.

glshub
01-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Same update from Motorola between both the droid x and milestone x

Same update yes. Same phone NO. Therefore apples and oranges. People don't understand how different these two devices are.

glshub
01-22-2012, 06:13 PM
We understand that you are frustrated, however, we are not here to try to convince you that the update didn't ruin your phone, nor are we here to have you accost us on behalf of gingerbread. We can attempt to help you fix your issues, but if you do not intend to make an effort to follow those steps or to attempt to fix it yourself, I see no reason for this thread to be left open.

I didn't say anything about not listening to help. That's why I came here.

cory46
01-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Same update yes. Same phone NO. Therefore apples and oranges. People don't understand how different these two devices are. Do some in depth reading friend

Haha ok then educate us as to the differences so we can help.

glshub
01-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Furthermore I am unrooting and will talk to my provider.

Actually that is the only helpful answer I've been given.

BHuber09
01-22-2012, 06:16 PM

Yeah me too, I didn't know there was a difference in gingerbread between any phone. D2G or X or even the Razr.

FreeMyMoto!!!

glshub
01-22-2012, 06:19 PM

Im not here to educate. Quite the opposite. They are different... No? So my point is that just because gingerbread is great on the droid x doesn't mame it so on the milestone

glshub
01-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Yeah me too, I didn't know there was a difference in gingerbread between any phone. D2G or X or even the Razr.

FreeMyMoto!!!

Then run other things that work on a droid x and see what happens.

BHuber09
01-22-2012, 06:23 PM
For instance what? Ill try it.
I will do it just to prove that they run the same. I do not mean to be a troll about this but I will do anything.

FreeMyMoto!!!

glshub
01-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Actually Milestone X users, like me are not going to gain much here. I have been pmed telling me stuff like don't do that on yours it, not being a droid x it will screw it up. Some. Not all understand the differences

BHuber09
01-22-2012, 06:29 PM
But rooting uses the same method. Rooting is an exploit. If the exploit is the same then....

FreeMyMoto!!!

Leach19m
01-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Ok. So here's your options.

1) Unroot, take to provider and try I get them to help you. At which point they will boot into recovery and wipe your data and cache then give you the phone back.

2) boot into recovery, wipe cache and/or data yourself.

cory46
01-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Well for anyone wondering the differences I'll post them. Not trying to stir any pots for anyone genuinely curious.

Droid x and milestone x same size same screen same weight. Same width.

Droid x processor
Single core 1000 MHZ TI OMAP3630

Milestone x

Only differences are with regional carriers with their radio bands and kernels which a kernel check can be disabled when flashing a custom rom

This thread has most likely ran its course.

BHuber09
01-22-2012, 06:35 PM
Well for anyone wondering the differences I'll post them. Not trying to stir any pots for anyone genuinely curious.

Droid x and milestone x same size same screen same weight. Same width.

Droid x processor

Milestone x

Only differences are with regional carriers with their radio bands and kernels which a kernel check can be disabled when flashing a custom rom

This thread has most likely ran its course.

^ I rest my case. And I'm done with this thread. Thank you Cory

FreeMyMoto!!!