PDA

View Full Version : Boot Manager Problem

Growler48
01-22-2012, 05:01 AM
I'm having a problem with waking up my screen with my slot ROMs. When I'm in a slot ROM and I push either the Home button or the Power button to wake it up, it may or may not come on. This mostly happens when the screen is off, then quickly turned back on. The usual fix is to just wait several minutes, then try it again and again until it works. It will usually wake up if the screen has been off for awhile. Anyone else have a problem like this and have an idea of what might be wrong? I'm running MIUI as phone ROM, Vortex in slot 1, CM7 in slot 2, Liberty in slot 3 and nothing in slot 4. I don't recall this happening initially, but it happens all the time now and it makes me not want to run the slot ROMs.

silver04v
01-22-2012, 06:47 AM
Happened to me too. I ended up trying different things to fix it and doing so got stuck in a bootloop. So I sbfd and started over. Now its pretty good, still a little laggy at times but usually good. Not sure what caused it.

taking miui for a spin

Nemo aeternamn
01-22-2012, 08:52 AM
Have ya tried over clocking it a bit?

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Growler48
01-22-2012, 05:02 PM
No, I haven't tried overclocking it. I didn't have this problem initially, so that shouldn't be the problem. Hoping to NOT have to SBF. any other suggestions would be appreciated.

towbiz
01-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Maybe try SD booster

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Scram
01-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Maybe try SD booster

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

#1... set it to 1024 if you are wondering:)

Growler48
01-23-2012, 06:54 PM
#1... set it to 1024 if you are wondering:)

After doing some experimenting, 1024 did nothing for me, however, 2500 did help some. It still doesn't wake up immediately, like on the phone ROM, but it's much faster and works almost every time. Also, getting rid of widgets seems to help as well.