PDA

View Full Version : Clearing Cache(s) or Battery Stats

glshub
01-21-2012, 07:41 PM
I don't have any problems but... I wondered if it would do any good to clear my cache and or davlik cache? I have also heard about clearing battery stats.

If it would do me any good I'd like to do it. Would someone tell me what, if any good it would do and exactly how to do it.

I have a Milestone X. Rooted. I am also running Gingerbread. I have the Gorilla Gadgets 3500 battery and just installed the 'battery monitor' app this evening. I am going to try and let it run all the way down tonight to hopefully make better use of the battery monitor app.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Milestone X using Droid X Forums

BHuber09
01-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Well clearing cache deletes cache that's been building up and will make your phone smoother/faster.
honestly I do not remember what clearing Dalvik cache does.
Wiping battery stats is a good thing to do when you get an extended battery just so you'll get a good battery reading. But if you have that app you'll be okay.

FreeMyMoto!!!

glshub
01-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Well clearing cache deletes cache that's been building up and will make your phone smoother/faster.
honestly I do not remember what clearing Dalvik cache does.
Wiping battery stats is a good thing to do when you get an extended battery just so you'll get a good battery reading. But if you have that app you'll be okay.

FreeMyMoto!!!

How do I go about clearing them?

Sent from my Milestone X using Droid X Forums

BHuber09
01-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Clearing cache you can do in stock recovery or bootstrap recovery
Dalvik you have to do in bootstrap and its under the advanced tab
Battery stats you can get a free app from the market called battery calibration.

FreeMyMoto!!!

cory46
01-21-2012, 09:10 PM
No need to wipe battery stats it won't help or hurt your battery level or readings

Edit: http://rootzwiki.com/_/articles/wiping-battery-stats-is-pointless-says-google-r316

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BHuber09
01-21-2012, 11:33 PM
That's an interesting article. I'm not sure what to think about it haha. I mean its has to be true if a android engineer said it but still hah.

FreeMyMoto!!!

noXcuse
01-22-2012, 08:07 AM
I use CacheCleaner ND, and have it setup to automatically run every 3 days. Works great, IMO.

https://market.android.com/details?id=org.lsartory.cachecleaner.ng

The persuader
01-22-2012, 08:18 AM
CacheCleaner ND

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome...been using it for 2 years now...

:wink:The Best Cache Cleaner Out their...No Doubt...

Its Bubba

I use CacheCleaner ND, and have it setup to automatically run every 3 days. Works great, IMO.

https://market.android.com/details?id=org.lsartory.cachecleaner.ng

BHuber09
01-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Hmm that's instersting I'm gonna check it put, thanks for sharing.

FreeMyMoto!!!

The persuader
01-22-2012, 10:15 AM
Morning...

noCuse...
I thought everyone New about this Cache Cleaner...Thanks for bringing it out in the Open...

I've had this Cache Cleaner for 2 Years...it Clears every 12 Hours...Very, very rare do I have Issues...

Its Bubba

Hmm that's instersting I'm gonna check it put, thanks for sharing.

FreeMyMoto!!!

noXcuse
01-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Morning...

noCuse...
I thought everyone New about this Cache Cleaner...Thanks for bringing it out in the Open...

I've had this Cache Cleaner for 2 Years...it Clears every 12 Hours...Very, very rare do I have Issues...

Its Bubba

Yea, I've had it for about a year and a half myself.