PDA

View Full Version : Rooted, now what?

INGODSHANDS357
01-21-2012, 01:49 PM
thanks everyone that helped me through rooting process, it wasnt really that bad actually ha. so question is now that im rooted... now what? whats the first thing i should probably do to maximize my phones capabilities? and whats a very important thing not to do? Since i now can jack my phone up, what not to dos are important i would think. thanks everyone that contributes to this thread

saul1991
01-21-2012, 01:52 PM
You should get dx recovery bootstraper and make a back up. Then flash some roms. Are you on froyo or gb?
Here's a link for more help.. http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/20253-all-one-post-root-thread.html
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

silver04v
01-21-2012, 01:58 PM
You should get dx recovery bootstraper and make a back up. Then flash some roms. Are you on froyo or gb?
Here's a link for more help.. http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/20253-all-one-post-root-thread.html

Should get d2 bootstrap recovery if on GB.

Running with MIUI

INGODSHANDS357
01-21-2012, 02:04 PM
where does it tell me im on gb or froyo? on droid x 2.3.3

savagerun
01-21-2012, 02:05 PM
where does it tell me im on gb or froyo? on droid x 2.3.3

Your on GB

saul1991
01-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Should get d2 bootstrap recovery if on GB.

Running with MIUI

Ohh yeah my bad lol I still use Dx bootstraper when I sbf but better be same and use d2 recovery bootstrap

INGODSHANDS357
01-21-2012, 02:10 PM
where do i find bootstrap? my market?

savagerun
01-21-2012, 02:12 PM
where do i find bootstrap? my market?

Yes in the market cost about $3

INGODSHANDS357
01-21-2012, 02:14 PM
whats it for? lol sorry

INGODSHANDS357
01-21-2012, 02:15 PM
any free ones out there ha i dont have a card.... ill find one though if theres not a free one

silver04v
01-21-2012, 02:16 PM
whats it for? lol sorry

To make backups in case you ever get stuck in a bootloop from a bad mod. Also is what you use to flash new roms from stock.

Running with MIUI

savagerun
01-21-2012, 02:18 PM
whats it for? lol sorry

You need it to get in clockwork recovery to make backups, install roms etc.

INGODSHANDS357
01-21-2012, 02:23 PM
mmmk gotcha well shucks looks like ima have to wait on it till find me a card for market

savagerun
01-21-2012, 02:24 PM
any free ones out there ha i dont have a card.... ill find one though if theres not a free one

It's up to you how you get it but we "strongly "encourage that you support the devs by doing the right thing and purchase it.

INGODSHANDS357
01-21-2012, 02:28 PM
yeah ill get a card np. thanks for the advice btw

savagerun
01-21-2012, 02:33 PM
yeah ill get a card np. thanks for the advice btw

No problem. When you get it come back and we'll walk you through making a nandroid backup or with any other help you need.

INGODSHANDS357
01-21-2012, 02:36 PM
sounds good

Talon66721
01-21-2012, 06:55 PM
I think one of those prepaid cards from anywhere, like Wally world or the gas station would work. If someone could chime in if not, please. Just a thought.

INGODSHANDS357
01-21-2012, 10:00 PM
I think one of those prepaid cards from anywhere, like Wally world or the gas station would work. If someone could chime in if not, please. Just a thought.Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X ForumsHey that's a good idea. Never thought about that. Will have to get one for sure. So this is a little off topic but I installed titanium backup and I was looking there at my system readings and I saw that my system rom is all full! Only 11 mgs left. I don't even have very much on my phone so how can this be? I Noticed that my phone was all gummed up lately... anyway to clean this up for the time being until I can buy a bootstrap and get a better rom?

towbiz
01-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Well do you have a backup plan so if you have trouble you can sbf it really takes flashing roms pressure off later?

INGODSHANDS357
01-21-2012, 10:46 PM
Um no back up plan ha new to this kind of thing... but I guess the only thing I've got going for me is that I don't really have much on the phone to lose... just recently reverted back to stock cuz of the rom thing... thought it would delete all the extra stuff I had incured over time and didn't know to delete. Anything you recommend?

towbiz
01-22-2012, 12:09 AM
Well I don't have the links but lots of peeps on here do its not about what you loose it about your phone getting stuck in bootloop (aka bricked) and being able to put it back to stock out of the box condition learning how to now will save you trouble later

savagerun
01-22-2012, 12:19 AM
Um no back up plan ha new to this kind of thing... but I guess the only thing I've got going for me is that I don't really have much on the phone to lose... just recently reverted back to stock cuz of the rom thing... thought it would delete all the extra stuff I had incured over time and didn't know to delete. Anything you recommend?

This what tow is talking about http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html and he's absolutely right you will need to sbf your phone at some point if you plan on modifying and installing custom roms. We all screw up at some point lol.... And need to get our phones back to out of the box stock and start over and sbf is how to do it. In that link there's a video explaining how it's done.