PDA

View Full Version : huge problem... PLEASE HELP :(

Barone23
01-21-2012, 12:51 AM
OK so i everytime my phone turns on it goes into clockwork recovery, not a big deal right? but i took it upon myself to do a backup of my droid x. following the backup i wiped my dalvik cache. im not sure why i did. it late i didnt realize what i was doing. so i went to reboot my phone and it got stuck in a bootloop. i then pulled the battery after a few minutes and it went back to clockwork recovery. at this point i was panicking that i broke the phone so i went to the backup i just made and tried to restore it. it was going fine for a few minutes then it froze. now the phone wont boot to the logo, when plugged in the LED lights green, battery is low and it wont program when brought to boot loader. how can i save myself from being killed by my parents? if your going to answer, please provide as much detail as you possibly can.

Leach19m
01-21-2012, 12:54 AM
You need to find an external charger or borrow a battery from a friend or a VZW store and SBF by following this thread

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23638

And for future reference, anytime you restore a backup, wipe data first.

Barone23
01-21-2012, 12:56 AM
...gotcha thanks a lot

dimmer_is_a_DJ
01-21-2012, 02:20 AM
Do a Google search for "droid not booting odd behavior", should be the first result that pops up. I had the same exact problem and this was an easy (and kinda cool) solution. I wanted to just post the link to the thread directly but it's on another forum and I'm not sure if I would be in violation of policy.

lingling
01-22-2012, 09:09 PM
Need help. Im stuck at the the recovery screen, phone will not boot. I can get into the black screen with white letters that says 30.04(bootloader?) and can flash with rsd lite 4.9 and got it to say "PASS" still no full boot. I've cleared the cache and the thing above it format data? pull battery, clear again and again and still stock recovery. It really seems bricked so Im asking if I should give up or try some more things? I bought it used so I don't know what all has been done on it but from my google'ing ive seen where there was a leak or something and if you flash that and up then down to the side or something clears out some log files and then you get a brick. I have another droid x that works fine, could I use it to clone the broken one somehow then edit the meid/esn to what the phone should be or would that take a nand dumping tool? ~Help plz

Scram
01-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Try the 1kds Linux boot disk to SBF...

Sent from my liberated DX

cory46
01-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Need help. Im stuck at the the recovery screen, phone will not boot. I can get into the black screen with white letters that says 30.04(bootloader?) and can flash with rsd lite 4.9 and got it to say "PASS" still no full boot. I've cleared the cache and the thing above it format data? pull battery, clear again and again and still stock recovery. It really seems bricked so Im asking if I should give up or try some more things? I bought it used so I don't know what all has been done on it but from my google'ing ive seen where there was a leak or something and if you flash that and up then down to the side or something clears out some log files and then you get a brick. I have another droid x that works fine, could I use it to clone the broken one somehow then edit the meid/esn to what the phone should be or would that take a nand dumping tool? ~Help plz

Give this a go see if it solves your issue. http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

And cloning the esn or anything like that is illegal so we can't discuss that here

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

lingling
01-23-2012, 02:06 AM
No change :/ The one part at the end it says to reinstall. is there a update.zip that needs done now?

Give this a go see if it solves your issue. http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

And cloning the esn or anything like that is illegal so we can't discuss that here

cory46
01-23-2012, 10:18 AM
No change :/ The one part at the end it says to reinstall. is there a update.zip that needs done now?

Reinstall? Are you sure it wasn't talking about the battery if you've pulled it to data wipe?

lingling
01-23-2012, 11:19 AM
It says" The script has finished, you need to factory reset
unplug the usb cable now
remove the battery and reinstall<-------

I removed the usb cord and pulled the battery and it rebooted into recovery with me pressing no buttons

cory46
01-23-2012, 11:23 AM
It says" The script has finished, you need to factory reset
unplug the usb cable now
remove the battery and reinstall<-------

I removed the usb cord and pulled the battery and it rebooted into recovery with me pressing no buttons

Ok well try wiping data in recovery and see if itll boot up after that

lingling
01-23-2012, 11:34 AM
I have 5 times and cache

cory46
01-23-2012, 11:36 AM
I have 5 times and cache

I'd venture to say you have some hardware malfunction that is why it wont boot. take off the battery see if the water indicator has been tripped

lingling
01-23-2012, 11:48 AM
It seemed like i was doing things proper but it may be hardware. its not as white as my other droidx indicator.

cory46
01-23-2012, 11:52 AM
It seemed like i was doing things proper but it may be hardware. its not as white as my other droidx indicator.

which Linux cd did you use? 602 or 340? have you tried both just in case?

lingling
01-23-2012, 11:55 AM
ive only tried the 602, i can try the 340 just to cover all bases.

lingling
01-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Welp, same boat. I have the white M now on boot then to the stock recovery. at the bottom i see in yello E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

popcenator
01-23-2012, 01:40 PM
That message is normal.

on the move..