PDA

View Full Version : Need some info for DroidX development

jdcmusicman
01-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes.....
I'm learning Android programming (java) .I have Motodev studio setup with the droid x sdk so that the emulator is a DroidX running 2.3.3...
I am wanting to know if anyone knows if it is possible to root and ROM the emulator?
In other words is there a way I can run cwm recovery and vortex RC1 so that it can mimic what I have on my phone?
I am also wanting to theme also and if it is possible to emulate vortex it would make it easier I think to test out the theme in the emulator first......
I'm new to all this but am determined to learn it...
If its not possible that'll be ok ,I just want to know if it is...
Thanks for any input...

Running Vortex RC1

cory46
01-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Well I don't know of any way to emulate the different screen setups (themes I should say) but the android sdk along with eclipse and the adt plugin are what's usually used with android development. You can build an avd (android virtual device) that has all the hardware specifications your x has (which the moto one already does )

You really wouldn't need any root functions or cwm with the android emulator packaged with the sdk because its just like the nexus ....made for development.

Glad you're jumping into java !! Don't get too frustrated with string switches or loops haha they can be a pain when you first start out

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

jdcmusicman
01-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Well I don't know of any way to emulate the different screen setups (themes I should say) but the android sdk along with eclipse and the adt plugin are what's usually used with android development. You can build an avd (android virtual device) that has all the hardware specifications your x has (which the moto one already does )

You really wouldn't need any root functions or cwm with the android emulator packaged with the sdk because its just like the nexus ....made for development.

Glad you're jumping into java !! Don't get too frustrated with string switches or loops haha they can be a pain when you first start out

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

Thanks ..like I said all this stuff is new to me but am determined to learn it..just trying to cover all the bases ,I like doing stuff right the first time...

Running Vortex RC1

BHuber09
01-21-2012, 12:35 PM
If you need help theming hit me up, ill be glad to help out.

FreeMyMoto!!!

jdcmusicman
01-21-2012, 06:43 PM
If you need help theming hit me up, ill be glad to help out.

FreeMyMoto!!!

Thanks man if I need help will do

Running Vortex RC1