PDA

View Full Version : Root fail

ngforever1989
01-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Alright, back before gingerbread came out, i rooted my froyo. When the update for gb came out, i didnt unroot and superuser stayed. I tried to reroot my device because according to the binary updater, t backup, and root checker, im not rooted.

I used one click for 2.3.4 to root my device again. It said success, but nothing can get super user privies and root check is still telling me im not rooted. Im told i need to get rid of super user to root again, but i cant get rid of super user unless im rooted. Im not very good at this, i only wanted root to overclock my device. I cant get rooted again and im lost as to wat to do. I cant flash any roms cus im not actually rooted.

Any help would be super appreciated, thanks!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

BHuber09
01-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Ill post a link for sure fire way.

FreeMyMoto!!!

BHuber09
01-20-2012, 11:09 AM
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rs-approved-guides/41454-guide-how-root-your-phone-zergrush.html
There you go. It's really easy amd the fastest way. You must have a computer to do it though.

FreeMyMoto!!!

ngforever1989
01-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Much thanks man! Ill try it at my computer when I get home. I'll comment back afterwards.

BHuber09
01-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Alright man best of luck.

FreeMyMoto!!!

juhde
01-21-2012, 12:31 AM
Alright, back before gingerbread came out, i rooted my froyo. When the update for gb came out, i didnt unroot and superuser stayed. I tried to reroot my device because according to the binary updater, t backup, and root checker, im not rooted.

I used one click for 2.3.4 to root my device again. It said success, but nothing can get super user privies and root check is still telling me im not rooted. Im told i need to get rid of super user to root again, but i cant get rid of super user unless im rooted. Im not very good at this, i only wanted root to overclock my device. I cant get rooted again and im lost as to wat to do. I cant flash any roms cus im not actually rooted.

Any help would be super appreciated, thanks!

You'll probably need to sbf to wipe out the old root. There is no way currently to over clock an X2.

Sent from my Android device.

ngforever1989
01-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Well over clockin isnt much of an issue, i just want a clean root atm. I havent had access to a computer to test out the above mentioned method so no comment yet. Forgive me, since i didnt mess with this much, what does sbf mean?

ngforever1989
01-23-2012, 07:13 AM
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rs-approved-guides/41454-guide-how-root-your-phone-zergrush.html
There you go. It's really easy amd the fastest way. You must have a computer to do it though.

FreeMyMoto!!!

Worked like a charm man, thank you!