PDA

View Full Version : Titanium backup not working on MIUI

tripdaddy5
01-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Hello Droidx'ers, my first post....lurked and learned for a long time. I loaded the latest version of MIUI last night and so far so good. Only a few bugs, but I can't get Titanium backup to work correctly. I've granted superuser rights to the new ROM but it doesn't allow me to open Titanium Pro once it's downloaded. I've tried it twice. Any help would be appreciated.

Leach19m
01-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Titanium backup pro isn't an app, it's a license key. Continue to use the regular titanium backup

popcenator
01-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Do you have the free Titanium app? Pro is just a key and does nothing by itself.

Edit: Arg..ninjad

tripdaddy5
01-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Do you have the free Titanium app? Pro is just a key and does nothing by itself.

Edit: Arg..ninjad

Duh....Thank you very much

Cedward453
05-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Titanium backup pro isn't an app, it's a license key. Continue to use the regular titanium backup I am unable to grant root permission.

Edit: Just installed ROM Toolbox and was able grant ROOT!! What's up with that?

Cedward453
05-11-2012, 07:04 PM
I am unable to grant root permission.

Edit: Just installed ROM Toolbox and was able grant ROOT!! What's up with that?

Edit #2: Downloaded ROM Manager, Fixed Permissions/Rebooted, Ti Pro was granted SuperUser permission!
HOWEVER, Cannot do anything on MIUI, keep gettinG, "The process android.process.media has stoppedunexpectedly. Please try again." and again and again and again...

Get the point? Flashing back to Liberty, so I can deal with "IOException"....

Edit #3 Is there a ROM W/O issues? Shuji and APEX- NO WIFI. MIUI has a working camera and Wifi but does not function with "The process android.process.media has stoppedunexpectedly...." Liberty-IOException...

Wizard0f0s
05-11-2012, 09:55 PM
For TiBu, uninstall it and reinstall from the market. I've had it do that before as well.

For the roms, did you verify the md5s after you downloaded them? If not, just open terminal (download it from the market if need be, I know some roms - like mine - don't include it by default), type "cd /sdcard/Download" then type "md5sum " (don't put the quotes or the symbols). If you don't remember exactly how it's spelled, type "ls" and hit enter before running the "md5sum" part.

If you are more comfortable with graphics instead of typing, Root Explorer can do the md5sum as well. Just browse to the downloaded zip file, long press it and select Properties. You'll see the md5sum there. You'll need to write it down though to compare it with what the OP lists the md5sum as (or have that open on a computer where you can see both at the same time).

Edit - Ok, just re-read your post and I see you got TiBu working already. Check the md5sum on the Miui zip you flashed to make sure it's right. If it's my Miui you are running (GB DefX Miui) I know you shouldn't be getting that error. If it's Bean's (the Miui v4 ICS version), I don't think you should either, but I haven't kept close tabs on his the last couple of weeks.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Cedward453
05-12-2012, 07:53 AM
For TiBu, uninstall it and reinstall from the market. I've had it do that before as well.

For the roms, did you verify the md5s after you downloaded them? If not, just open terminal (download it from the market if need be, I know some roms - like mine - don't include it by default), type "cd /sdcard/Download" then type "md5sum " (don't put the quotes or the symbols). If you don't remember exactly how it's spelled, type "ls" and hit enter before running the "md5sum" part.

If you are more comfortable with graphics instead of typing, Root Explorer can do the md5sum as well. Just browse to the downloaded zip file, long press it and select Properties. You'll see the md5sum there. You'll need to write it down though to compare it with what the OP lists the md5sum as (or have that open on a computer where you can see both at the same time).

Edit - Ok, just re-read your post and I see you got TiBu working already. Check the md5sum on the Miui zip you flashed to make sure it's right. If it's my Miui you are running (GB DefX Miui) I know you shouldn't be getting that error. If it's Bean's (the Miui v4 ICS version), I don't think you should either, but I haven't kept close tabs on his the last couple of weeks.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

May have said this already, somewhere else, sorry if I did.

SBF'd again, rooted again, loaded Goose306 605-621 kernel fix, NOT Wifi fix for blurred ROMs, flashed MIUI and ALL is well. Wifi working fine and NO errors!

I may later today or tomorrow SBF again do kernel/wifi fixes and flash Shuji to check it out again. And may do the same procedure for Liberty, just to see.

Thanks!