PDA

View Full Version : Is this ROM dead ?

jalh
01-18-2012, 05:02 PM
I haven't see any update of the status of the ROM, any progress from RC4 or any words from the developer. So, it his dead or am I missing something ?

stryker
01-18-2012, 06:21 PM
I haven't see any update of the status of the ROM, any progress from RC4 or any words from the developer. So, it his dead or am I missing something ?

He got a nexus. End of story. What we got now is pRobably it. It's on the latest update for the Droid x wHich is the last one. The ROM is a beast. No need for an update. I tHink at least.

=(.stryker.does.dezign.)=

Brad92
01-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Too bad, this is one of my favorite ROMs. Fastest non 2nd init out there and the most rock solid.

X

BHuber09
01-18-2012, 09:17 PM
+1 to both of you.
What needs to be updated? The looks? That's what themes are for and he's up to date with rc4 being on 605 haha, and having no problems why fix it.
I see the x has finally reached its EOC with most of the old roms. Liberty is done shujis done apex rubix. Maybe vortext I don't know. The only roms I see us getting will be cm9 and miui.
I don't mean this to be taken as trolling this is just my opinion and I'm very unhappy with it. This is the one time I hope to be proven wrong.

FreeMyMoto!!!

dtroup64
01-18-2012, 09:46 PM
Tell me about it. I don't get an upgrade until March of 2013 :)

BHuber09
01-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Haha wow
I have 2 suggestions.
1. Switch back to froyo and use all those roms. There were so many all it takes is a lot of looking snd you'll find a new one almost every day.
Or
2. Unlock the bootloader and it should bring back some devs hahahahah.

FreeMyMoto!!!

jalh
01-19-2012, 12:31 AM
I guess the only option left is going to Liberty.
Thanks for all the responses guys !

dtroup64
01-19-2012, 06:16 AM
Actually the option I use is I have the ICS MIUI in the phone slot, I have Vortex in slot 1 and I have CM7 in slot 2. And I switch back and forth between em as easy as Pie!

I have about 2,000 themes to play with for the next 13 months!

Brad92
01-19-2012, 08:22 AM
I'm not really complaining about Apex since there is nothing left to update on it. I'm complaining since I'm stuck with this phone til May and development is dead minus EncounterICS...

X

BHuber09
01-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Exactly. Ive got mine till may. This is gonna be a long 4 months haha.

FreeMyMoto!!!

Brad92
01-19-2012, 07:40 PM
I found RubiX Blurry 0.4 today that came out in December. That will tide me over for a couple days haha

X

fezrock
01-19-2012, 07:43 PM

FreeMyMoto!!!

I'm up in May, also. But either there will be a new and awesome device available, or I get a shopping list of hacks to choose from on a gnex at a discount. I can wait. Nothing wrong with my dx. I may even delay upgrading.

(this is a tapa sig) r...e...a...d :)

BHuber09
01-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Exactly hopefully there's a new quadcore version of the gnex haha.
But honestly cm9 will be able to hold me over. Hopefully this one will become stable versus cm7.

FreeMyMoto!!!

jalh
01-19-2012, 11:06 PM

FreeMyMoto!!!

I have to keep using mine until Oct. :(

Brad92
01-22-2012, 08:50 AM
The HTC Edge is supposed to be coming out this year with a Quad Core Tegra 3 processor...

X

m4k3r
01-31-2012, 05:33 PM
Why wait for the upgrade? Craigslist (in my area) has TONS of Gnex's, and for CHEAP. Found a few for ~$240 (+/- $40) brand new in box. Worth a shot if you can't wait...

DroidXFanatic
01-31-2012, 06:08 PM
This isn't a shot at anyone just my personal opinion so please take it lightly. Just curious as to why some users expect updates to these Roms from the developers like they are somehow obligated to keep on going and release new updates just because we might want new features or new things added that we might not like. Last time I checked these Roms are released when there released and have no ETA only when they feel like releasing them to us. I really love VorteX but I will not ask the developer when RC2 will be released because that's up to him and if this is all we get then im fine with that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

fezrock
01-31-2012, 06:17 PM
This isn't a shot at anyone just my personal opinion so please take it lightly. Just curious as to why some users expect updates to these Roms from the developers like they are somehow obligated to keep on going and release new updates just because we might want new features or new things added that we might not like. Last time I checked these Roms are released when there released and have no ETA only when they feel like releasing them to us. I really love VorteX but I will not ask the developer when RC2 will be released because that's up to him and if this is all we get then im fine with that.

Great points!

These devs don't do this work on a timeline. They have lives, and work, and school. Most have new, and UNLOCKED, phones to dev on now. Few make any money making roms, and those that do don't make enough to do it full-time.

I'm thankful for the variety of roms afforded the dx. And for those who spent countless hours making them for our pleasure.

If no other roms are ever made for the dx, I can still be happy.

(This is a tapa sig) r...e...a...d :)

DroidXFanatic
01-31-2012, 07:43 PM
Great points!

These devs don't do this work on a timeline. They have lives, and work, and school. Most have new, and UNLOCKED, phones to dev on now. Few make any money making roms, and those that do don't make enough to do it full-time.

I'm thankful for the variety of roms afforded the dx. And for those who spent countless hours making them for our pleasure.

If no other roms are ever made for the dx, I can still be happy.

(This is a tapa sig) r...e...a...d :)

+1 Totally agree with all that. There's more than enough X Roms to keep us happy and occupied for a long time.

cadarn
02-01-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm also stuck until may and have never used a rom. Might try this one out just to break up the monotony.

Brad92
02-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Definitely try it. Its a great ROM.

X