PDA

View Full Version : Droid X 2.3 OTA stuck in Boot Loader, says Not Enough Battery

tjmcafee1988
01-18-2012, 08:53 AM
Droid X is stuck in boot recovery, says Not Enough Battery, can't get past. Last night it turned on long enough to check my voice mail, then crashed. Has been off pretty much ever since. Had it plugged into PC, power LED showed it was charging, left it overnight, still won't boot. I've tried charging through an Xbox as well to eliminate driver issues and just use the power, and it gave me the Motorola screen, and that's it, then died within 30 seconds. I currently have the 2.3 OTA Gingerbread after giving up on installing Liberty 3 ROM, and since it says I have no battery, don't think I can push a ROM through to it. After playing with Liberty, I pushed a 2.3 ROM, then once that worked, applied the OTA factory restore, so there's no custom ROM anymore. I've also tried pulling the battery for over 30 seconds, pushing down the power button for a bit, then putting the battery back in. This makes it so that it either does nothing at all, or just brings it to the Boot Loader screen. Also, the majority of the time, if it's not plugged in, I get nothing at all when I try to boot. This has been going on for over a week now, and I feel I've exhausted all my resources. Any ideas?

gunner1982
01-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Have you tried a factory reset hold down the home key and power button at the same time when it brings up the little android guy hit the volume keys then scroll using the volume keys to factory reset then hit the power button to select it wait till its done then then choose reboot and see if that works

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tjmcafee1988
01-18-2012, 09:46 AM
actually, I did. it was the first thing I did after I got the motorola screen to come up last night before I plugged it into the xbox. didn't do anything, just brought it straight back to the boot loader screen once I plugged it in. So far, I've gotten it to boot for 3 minutes, then two motorola symbols. One after 15 minutes of charging, one after charging overnight.

Nemo aeternamn
01-18-2012, 10:09 AM
While in bootloader mode the phone won't charge.... Sounds like you need to either borrow a battery or see if your local Verizon store would be nice enough to charge it

Everyone caries one deep inside...
It's just a matter of how much you let it slide

popcenator
01-18-2012, 10:09 AM
If its just booting to the bootloader and you're stock sounds like an issue for Verizon.

If you can find some way to charge the battery you may be able to SBF but it won't charge in the bootloader.

Edit: ninjad

on the move..

Nemo aeternamn
01-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Edit: ninjad

on the move..

Payback : D

Everyone caries one deep inside...
It's just a matter of how much you let it slide

tjmcafee1988
01-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Right. I am considering a possible software issue, but if it won't charge how would I be able to .sbf? Wouldn't you need a full battery for this? Or at least 30%? Last time I got it to come all the way up it was only at 5% battery life. Hasn't fully booted since.

grege3g
01-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Hmm sounds like hardware system file for charge has been erased or currupt you might need to try getting a new battery fully charged and then sbf if that doesn't work try booting up with the battery in and plugged charger then when the boot logo comes up take the battery out with the charger still in and boot up that way. My friend has a dx2 and he fixed it that way. Screw Verizon they are no help most of there employees don't even know how to change the wallpaper trust me I just quit my job there 2 months ago

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

tjmcafee1988
01-18-2012, 12:20 PM
It looks like now it's fixed, at least temporarily. All I did was plug it into a different computer and it turned on all on it's own. Been letting it sit for a few hours and it's charged to 60%, also pulled the SD card and performed a factory restore. IK I don't have to pull the SD card, but when I tried the first time it came up with an error stating there was not enough space on the SD card. after I pulled and did another restore it seems to be working. Gonna keep this open in case it fails, cuz like I said, it's been a week.

grege3g
01-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Okay glad to here another android case solved

EKTrunks
01-21-2012, 12:52 PM
I won't call this solved...I would say it happened to work out. I say that because mine is doing the same thing. When I plug it into the wall charger I get the big battery on the screen with the "?" inside. I left it all night and still have nothing. When I plug into a computer I get the green LED and it will not charge. Also, it will only boot to the bootloader, but the bootloader says the battery is too low. I'm guessing I have to find a new battery with a full charge so I can .SBF? Let me know if you have anymore thoughts!

Thanks

grege3g
01-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Hmmms you know early this morning I was on Droid x2 fourms and saw a thread about battery Calibration the thread starter was saying how he pulled his battery while the phone was booting up and got the battery symbol with the question mark in it he then pressed the power button and the bootloader came up all while doing this on purpose to system calibrate the battery but my point is! The results of what he did to get the bootloader to pop up gets me thinking that maybe the prongs in the phone are not connecting correctly with the battery or the battery is done period. I will explain well he removed his battery to get the same error message as you and the bootloader came up just like your phone did that's why I said maybe its a connection problem everything doesn't have to be technical.