PDA

View Full Version : Freshly rooted now what?

kevinv
01-15-2012, 07:54 PM
I just rooted my phone did the backup and all that good stuff I just wanted to know of good roms I can flash to my phone what are the best ones and any links would be appreciated

BHuber09
01-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Cm7.. freshly out
It will be the best first rom to see what a difference roms however its new so it'll be very uneasy and will have awful battery life I almost promise it. Ill find a link though.

FreeMyMoto!!!

jwalz
01-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Burn a sbf cd and get a little familiar with the process so you dont get caught with your pants down.. just my recommendation

GO GIANTS

kevinv
01-15-2012, 09:26 PM
What about the vortex rom? I've heard its good and pretty stable

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

popcenator
01-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Vortex is for the original X.

on the move..

Tweek900
01-16-2012, 09:03 AM
So everyone you will talk to will have there own thing for you to try. Here is what I have to say. Cm7 has problems still because its in testing. I wouldn't suggest that for your first Tom although once its working a bit better you should get it.

What I will recommend, I run eclipse 1.1 its a bit old and idk if the install files are still here but if needed I have them. The rom is out dated but from what I have ran its the fastest most stable rom with very few issues and amazing battery life. I've ran eclipse 1.3 but there's some issues there that I just couldn't stand.

Another choice would be to install the 2.3.5 ota, this will let you flash the newest Tom's like eclipse 2.0.2 and such. I can't day much for those roms as I haven't installed 2.3.5 my self.

If you have any questions this is the place to come, and feel free to pm my self and probably anyone else on here with any questions that you don't want to start a topic over.

Good luck and welcome to the real x2

kevinv
01-16-2012, 04:00 PM
thanks tweek if you could send them to me id appreciate it

Tweek900
01-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Alright I won't be able to do so untilled tomorrow I'm away from my home computer right now. Just pm me your email. Ill check for a link to them real quick as well just in case they are still posted, I don't see why they wouldn't be but you never know

Edit: forgot to add that the cm7 has had it's battery issue fixed and Bluetooth works. Most the little bugs are fixed now and its about to be released for beta, I plan on flashing to that and if your a little up to speed with smart phones and a few glitches wouldn't bug you I would recommend you try it as well. Not saying it will ever mess up but it will be the best thing once its all working correctly.

kevinv
01-17-2012, 02:55 PM
I think I'll keep an eye on cm7 it seems pretty good. Do you know if it supports the hdmi mirroring yet? I use that alot for movies

Tweek900
01-19-2012, 09:31 PM
In running cm7 right now and things are super smooth and great battery life. But as far as I know there's no HDMI mirror support =\

Sent from my MB870 using Droid X Forums

fourrings
01-21-2012, 08:27 PM
How did u root ur phone?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

kevinv
01-22-2012, 06:52 AM
the first time for 2.3.4 I used petes motorola tools that works great but if you want to install the 2.3.5 update you need to root with zergrush. I tried using the zergrush program that is is posted everywhere but it wouldnt work for me. I downloaded the ezsbf tool from this forum (its stickied under hacks) made teh boot disk and rooted 2.3.5 with that. I would highly reccomend making that disk its a life saver and very easy to sbf and to root