PDA

View Full Version : Fubar'd Droid X

insanitylivz
01-14-2012, 06:34 PM
My brother was running LIberty Rom on his Droix X. He started to flash it back to 340 and his battery died. I have tried flashing the 604 as well as the 340 and 340 Sys only. The problem is the phone just boot loops.

The main problem I am having is when I battery pull and hold home+power, hold home+power and release power either one I do not get a recovery screen. I assume when he started the sbf it deleted CWM and didn;t install factory recovery. I have tried every key combination to get into recovery but instead of the Triangle and android it just sits on the M logo or goes into the startup boot loop. I can access the bootloader but that is it. Is there a SBF of the recovery partition around anywhere? I checked with him and when he tried SBFing back to stock he said all the buttons were working. I also did the SBF's from linux and the mdm's matched so it isnt corruped firmware.... I just can;t get into the recovery partition.

Leach19m
01-14-2012, 06:37 PM
Maybe I missed something, but if you can get into the bootloader, why don't you just do a full SBF?

insanitylivz
01-14-2012, 06:39 PM
I have done a full SBF. But since I cannot access recovery to wipe it just boot loops the android splash over and over. I have sbf'd to 340, 340 system, and 602. It seems the install is coming through completely but it is looping since I cant erase the data from the liberty install he had on it.

Leach19m
01-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Ooh! Ok, so after the SBF, keep holding both power and home until you get to recovery, don't release the power key.

Are you pushing the search key, or both volume keys at the same time when you get to the triangle/android/exclamation screen? If SBFing to 340, use the search key and select with the camera key OR if SBFing to 602, push both volume keys at the same time an select with the power key

insanitylivz
01-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Ooh! Ok, so after the SBF, you're booting into recovery by holding power and home, and it gets there successfully? But you can't get into recovery?

Are you pushing the search key, or both volume keys at the same time when you get to the triangle/android/exclamation screen? If SBFing to 340, use the search key and select with the camera key OR if SBFing to 602, push both volume keys at the same time an select with the power key

From a powered off state I am holding Home+power but it just boots the OS, no recovery no triangle. I tried holding both home+power and Home+power and releasing power at the motorolla splash but it will just boot into the OS and boot loop. The home button worked when he tried to sbf from liberty. It will just not give me any recovery at all.

Leach19m
01-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Sorry, I edited my post after I read through the OP a little more closely. Football is distracting me hah

insanitylivz
01-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Sorry, I edited my post after I read through the OP a little more closely. Football is distracting me hah

No problem. Im wondering if it is possible to push a Recovery partition to the phone. That'sthe only reason I can think of why it would not accept the key commands.

cory46
01-14-2012, 07:28 PM
No problem. Im wondering if it is possible to push a Recovery partition to the phone. That'sthe only reason I can think of why it would not accept the key commands.

Nope unfortunately with our phone having a locked bootloader you cannot do this .

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

insanitylivz
01-14-2012, 07:31 PM
So it is officially Bricked.

cory46
01-14-2012, 07:36 PM
How did you charge the battery after it died?

It shouldn't be bricked unless there its a hardware issue

insanitylivz
01-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Charged it with a friends X. I hate to use the word Bricked when the phone is just stuck in a boot loop but since there is no way to get to the recovery partition and a Full SBF doesn't change this. There is no hardware problem unless it was caused by the battery going dead. The home key works.

cory46
01-14-2012, 07:52 PM
Did you check the md5 of the sbf files / iso before doing it

insanitylivz
01-14-2012, 07:56 PM
verified the files, flashed with linux, still not giving me a recovery option with home+power combinations.

DanQ
01-14-2012, 08:02 PM
Depending on what version SBF you used, I believe it's both volume buttons while pressing power. Then up and down with the volume buttons, and select with the power button.

insanitylivz
01-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Vol up+down and power give me bootloader. tried several times same effect. Im sure im pressing both vol buttons and power and holding correctly.

DanQ
01-14-2012, 08:18 PM
And holding home while pressing the power button doesn't bring up the exclamation point inside the triangle?

insanitylivz
01-14-2012, 08:21 PM
No sir. Holding home+power just boots like normal into the loop.

DanQ
01-14-2012, 08:29 PM
I've been to the boot loop before and it took me a while to get into recovery because I didn't know the difference (at the time) between Froyo and Gingerbread (after a couple dozen SBF I know now the difference is the keys used).

I'll do some searching and see what I can find. Have you tried to SBF again to a known good image?

insanitylivz
01-14-2012, 08:33 PM
I have flashed the 340 Full sbf as well as the 340 system only sbf and the 602. All of the checksums match. I have rooted several phones for friends and family of all different flavors and I work in IT so im capable, just stuck like chuck atm. ;) If you have a liink to another known good flavor ill gladly dl it and try it as well.

DanQ
01-14-2012, 08:38 PM
I have flashed the 340 Full sbf as well as the 340 system only sbf and the 602. All of the checksums match. I have rooted several phones for friends and family of all different flavors and I work in IT so im capable, just stuck like chuck atm. ;) If you have a liink to another known good flavor ill gladly dl it and try it as well.

Yeah, I read back through and saw what you've done. Been stuck at the same points before when I was a flashaholic, going from ROM to ROM every week. At the time the only easy way I knew was to flash back to 340 and work from there. Then I learned to get to recovery in GB and now that I have a known working download that's my preferred method.

I'll keep searching. There has to be a way.

insanitylivz
01-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I read back through and saw what you've done. Been stuck at the same points before when I was a flashaholic, going from ROM to ROM every week. At the time the only easy way I knew was to flash back to 340 and work from there. Then I learned to get to recovery in GB and now that I have a known working download that's my preferred method.

I'll keep searching. There has to be a way.

I appreciate the effort But it is looking like this unit is actually bricked. The guys at XDA gave up "you have exausted every possible resource". so unless there is some bootloader injection that will allow enough access to wipe the phone in terminal or allow fastboot or adb access This ole'Droid X is Officially Bricked. Ill stay subscribed in case any genius comes upwith an uber plan of action but im giving up hope for now.

fnmetal
01-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Just keep trying to boot into recovery, leave the battery out for a while and try again..