PDA

View Full Version : Rooted Droid X Cant Connect to Internet?

Chriswf
01-13-2012, 06:50 PM
I am new here so i will try to sound as clear as possible. I just rooted my Droid x. It is currently on Gingerbread 4.5.605. I rooted it with "DROID 3 easy root script v7." But now that I have rooted it I am unable to go to different websites. It stays on "https://dunsp.vzw.com/newSelfProvisioning/SelfProvisioning"

Does anyone know what is wrong and what I can do to fix it? The sooner the response the better. Thank you!!

ajp
01-13-2012, 06:53 PM
But you do have data? You can receive email, use apps that need data (like Pandora radio), right?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Chriswf
01-13-2012, 06:57 PM
No, all my apps say I don't have data.

ajp
01-13-2012, 06:58 PM
I'd do the whole *228 and then do both options

I'm assuming you're on Verizon
Edit: yeah, your address has vzw in it

Chriswf
01-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Sorry, i am new to this kind of stuff. I am on Verizon. And what is the *228?

ajp
01-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Sorry, i am new to this kind of stuff. I am on Verizon. And what is the *228?

Oh, sorry, *228 will activate and update your roaming capabilities and usually jump start your data. I believe there are two options when you call. I'd do both.

Chriswf
01-13-2012, 07:09 PM
Okay, I did both and it says it should take affect in 15 min. Thank you and I will post back if it fails.

ajp
01-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Okay, I did both and it says it should take affect in 15 min. Thank you and I will post back if it fails.

Sounds good. Did you happen to have a blue triangle in your notification bar?

Chriswf
01-13-2012, 07:15 PM
No I didn't. If this doesn't work what else could I do?

ajp
01-13-2012, 07:19 PM
No I didn't. If this doesn't work what else could I do?

This hopefully should work. Rooting doesn't do anything with your data, just uses an exploit to make you an administrator on your phone. Post back (like you said) if this doesn't work. I'd wait a bit, then power off, pull and replace the battery, and power back on.

Edit: post back either way :)

ajp
01-13-2012, 07:27 PM
You'll want to read this post when you get up and running

http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=225830
All-In-One POST ROOT Thread

Chriswf
01-13-2012, 07:29 PM
It worked.Thank you so much!!! :big smile:

ajp
01-13-2012, 07:33 PM
It worked.Thank you so much!!! :big smile:

Awesome! Welcome to the club haha! I suggest reading that thread I posted and first making a full backup ("nandroid" ) of your phone that you can always fall back to.

Chriswf
01-13-2012, 07:43 PM
I just figured out that the problem wasn't from the rooting. It was from the wireless tethering software I was using. Is there any you recommend?

ajp
01-13-2012, 07:51 PM
I just figured out that the problem wasn't from the rooting. It was from the wireless tethering software I was using. Is there any you recommend?

I'd recommend an app called Open Garden if you can use an ad-hoc (device to device) instead of enterprise mode (like a router). Most laptops should handle it. Otherwise Easy Tether is great for usb tethering.

Edit: since you're not running a custom Rom, you might be able to do full blown enterprise mode tethering. That'd be great- you can use that same app. Most non-stock phones have trouble with this which is why I jumped right over it

Chriswf
01-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Open Garden is the one that kept taking away my data.

ajp
01-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Open Garden is the one that kept taking away my data.

Really? The other big one is Wireless Tether which has a great Google project page. Gimme a sec and I'll find it.

Edit: yep, here we go
code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

Chriswf
01-13-2012, 08:19 PM
It did the same thing. But I am probably installing a new ROM tomorrow so i'm not going to worry about it now. Thank you for your help!!!

ajp
01-13-2012, 08:20 PM
It did the same thing. But I am probably installing a new ROM tomorrow so i'm not going to worry about it now. Thank you for your help!!!

Sounds good. You're welcome

Gman4018
01-16-2013, 12:10 PM
I am using WiFi Teather, I can connect my computer to my phone(sometimes), however it is connected with limited access. NO INTERNET. I can't seem to get my computer to get access to the internet. Then after the attempt my phone no longer has internet access Any help would be greatly appreciated.