PDA

View Full Version : Pixel Help

Travisdroidx
01-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Ok so ive had my droid x for a year now and very very satisfied with it but have a year unroll my upgrade and ran into something very very annoying... I dropped my phone a month ago and now I have 7 blotches of dead pixels with yellow tint ontop of them. If anyone knows how to fix please ill try anything cause I don't have a warrenty. There about a quarter inch in diameter each and there spread across the screen

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Travisdroidx
01-16-2012, 06:12 AM
Bump

noXcuse
01-16-2012, 06:36 AM
The LCD is damaged from the fall. Mine is like that too. The only fix is to replace the LCD or get a replacement phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Travisdroidx
01-17-2012, 12:04 AM
But they move like sometimes I can see through them sometimes I cant some blotches half is fixed hours later there dead again other half is fixed etc

ryant35
01-17-2012, 12:26 AM
Do the blotches change when you touch them or different parts of the screen?

It sounds like the physical screen is damaged and needs to be replaced. Google the cost for a new screen and a a write up on how to replace it, it shouldn't be too hard.

noXcuse
01-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Yup, mine does the same thing. The LCD is bleeding. Caused from dropping it. You can buy a new LCD for like $25-30. There's YouTube vids on how RO replace them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk