PDA

View Full Version : What Now?

Travisdroidx
01-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Ok so i have just now flashed to VorteX RC1. I have run Liberty Miui and a few other roms before. I've always been satisfied with them but always end up covered in useless apps I never touch and dont ever use. I plan on sticking with VorteX RC1. I'm asking for help on the following.

1. Need help on getting the Best battery life possible out of this ROM with having 3G still enabled whenever my screen is on so I can check facebook.
2. Would like to somehow have facebook instantly (or close to) notify me at Messages and Notifications.
3. Find a minimilistic with a battery efficiant launcher.
4. Could someone help me out with a detailed explanation of how to calibrate my battery?

Any apps that can help me with this (like instant facebook notifications) i will download them even if they cost a decent ammount.
And for any undervolt overclock blah blah blah you guys suggest could you give me a walkthrough of how to set up for best battery life.

If any of you are able to help I would greatly appriciate. :nerd:

Travisdroidx
01-14-2012, 09:08 AM
Bump

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

jeems
01-14-2012, 09:24 AM
Ok so i have just now flashed to VorteX RC1. I have run Liberty Miui and a few other roms before. I've always been satisfied with them but always end up covered in useless apps I never touch and dont ever use. I plan on sticking with VorteX RC1. I'm asking for help on the following.

1. Need help on getting the Best battery life possible out of this ROM with having 3G still enabled whenever my screen is on so I can check facebook.
2. Would like to somehow have facebook instantly (or close to) notify me at Messages and Notifications.
3. Find a minimilistic with a battery efficiant launcher.
4. Could someone help me out with a detailed explanation of how to calibrate my battery?

Any apps that can help me with this (like instant facebook notifications) i will download them even if they cost a decent ammount.
And for any undervolt overclock blah blah blah you guys suggest could you give me a walkthrough of how to set up for best battery life.

If any of you are able to help I would greatly appriciate. :nerd:

I feel your pain with the useless apps. I have gotten a lot pickier.

I don't know if I can offer much help but here goes:

1. I think if you do a battery calibration your life should be good. I just did one even though I thought my battery was ok and out made a difference. I don't use juice defender out anything like that.

2. I can't help much with Facebookbut I know anything that checks constantly for updates likes to eat battery.

3. The stock vortex launcher is a modified launcher 2. Pretty stripped down and minimalistic.(not go launcher)

4. Check out the most recent posts to the vortex rc1 thread. A couple people just posted their methods.

Hth

Sent from inside the VorteX

Smittys
01-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Here is what I just did after flashing my first ROM:

1. I went into the app market and downloaded the battery calibration app for rooted users.

2. Charged my phone up to 100% and let it die

3. Let the phone charge overnight back up to 100% with it off.

4. Turned it.on and the battery life has been incredible since then.

I'm Liberated.

nemesisdxer
01-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Gotta give that battery calibration app a try. I have descent battery running liberty 3 v2.0 but a little more juice will help.

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

akeezy
01-14-2012, 11:04 AM
After you install the rom you only need to charge it up and wipe stats once. If you want instant Facebook updates, your battery life will go down the toilet faster than you can make a call. I suggest having Facebook sync once every hour rather than more frequently. But along with that, it'd be more helpful if you turn off other apps syncing as well.

I personally don't think you need to overclock or undervolt. All you really need is the right governor (interactiveX) and memory management script. I posted in another thread about liberty battery life a mod by jakesbites for his minfree script and v6 supercharger.