PDA

View Full Version : Droid x on cricket, no internet

gotenks
01-13-2012, 07:46 AM
Hi.I initially had a virgin phone then I switched that phone number over to cricket. Then I got a droid X and flashed it to cricket. I had the 45 dollar plan and the internet worked with the proxy setting but none of the apps were able to access the internet. Only the browser worked. Then I called cricket and asked then to switch to android plan. Still no change. So, I reprogrammed my phone. Rooted it with z4root and flashed it. Right after I was done with everything, the 3g was working fine, all the apps were picking up the internet. But I was not able to make any calls, I got a busy tone when I tried to make a call. Then I dialed *228. After that, I'm able to make calls and recieve text but no internet now.Can someone please help me with this? Thanks a ton.Also my MDN and MIN number I got from cricket are different from my phone number. I'm not sure if this has any

AdamTomaino
02-02-2012, 06:59 AM
Hi.I initially had a virgin phone then I switched that phone number over to cricket. Then I got a droid X and flashed it to cricket. I had the 45 dollar plan and the internet worked with the proxy setting but none of the apps were able to access the internet. Only the browser worked. Then I called cricket and asked then to switch to android plan. Still no change. So, I reprogrammed my phone. Rooted it with z4root and flashed it. Right after I was done with everything, the 3g was working fine, all the apps were picking up the internet. But I was not able to make any calls, I got a busy tone when I tried to make a call. Then I dialed *228. After that, I'm able to make calls and recieve text but no internet now.Can someone please help me with this? Thanks a ton.Also my MDN and MIN number I got from cricket are different from my phone number. I'm not sure if this has any

I had a very similar problem when I switched to cricket, here was where I found my fix: [Q] MMS question about Droid X on Cricket - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=965107)

kennyfool
02-02-2012, 11:14 AM

MDN- Mobile Directory Number is just your cricket phone number. MIN is like your phone number (10 digits) but its different.
1st thing I noticed is that you dialed *228... it's not reccomended that you do that with flashed phones because that updates your PRL. Droid X being a verizon phone, doing so probably gave you a verizon prl. I would reflash your device, flash one of the PRLs here: *STICKY* Official Cricket PRL Thread (http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing-tools-files-programming/5041-sticky-official-cricket-prl-thread.html) , and then use the greenk45 apk thats lurking around to get you on the right proxy. Also... are you on froyo or Gingerbread?